Beer & Brewing enthusiasts' Homebrewers meeting

821 posts in this topic

This forum is created to make a comprehensive list of all and anyone that wants to attend a brewing/homebrewers club that meets once a month at Hacker-Pschorr Brauhaus right next to Theresienwiese. Below, create and number in succession to the last with your name and any other information.

Topics looking to be covered in meetings include:

ingredients used (or would like to use)

brewing methods

experience on new and old equipment

new/old recipes (created craft recipes)

tasting notes of home brews

books and literature

help with beginners

special guests/speakers

brewery tours

group brewing/ group demonstrations

different styles of brews

brewing sites and brewing calculators

meeting info topics (Gravity, ABVs', Mashing, Extract, Partial Extract, etc)

This has been created to bridge two threads that people have been using as run off for brewing topics and creating a brewers meeting. Below are the two forums to refer too:

where to buy homebrew ingredients (Supplies such as hops, grain, yeast, etc.):

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7089&st=75&gopid=2308015&#entry2308015

Looking to start a home brewers' club (At Hacker Bräuhaus professional):

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=204127

If you need to contact myself please PM me or email me at jagramon@mail.usf.edu. I look forward to seeing/meeting everyone soon....

Unfortunately the date did not show but the first meet will be Friday, 25 February at 7:00pm at Hacker-Pschorr Brauhaus (Theresienhöhe 7, 80339 München).

(the date was chosen to have the meeting on the last Friday of the month)

At the meeting date and location will be discussed to ensure everyone will be able to make the meetings. For now this is set. Please copy below and list your name to get an idea of how many will be in attendance so that Nascar82 can make the reservation...

1) Josh

Friday, 25 February at 7:00pm at Hacker-Pschorr Brauhaus (Theresienhöhe 7, 80339 München).

1) Josh

2) James

3) Emily

4) Jeremy

Well because for some of us like me it is our profession or for others it is the passion plus can you buy a American IPA anywhere in Munich?

Who would want to brew beer in Munich? it's so good and not expensive here.

Actually it's extremely mediocre, the pub price of over €3 for less than a pint very high, and the selection about as limited as it gets in the western world. If you don't understand a subject, best to keep quiet.

Guys, this is an event listing for the club meeting, not a forum. Please don't post unless there is new info about the meeting(s) themselves or 'attending' with your name and the number next to you name. Thanks

Friday, 25 February at 7:00pm at Hacker-Pschorr Brauhaus (Theresienhöhe 7, 80339 München).

1) Josh

2) James

3) Emily

4) Jeremy

5) Bob

6) Erik

I am totally stoked to learn and share my love of beer. I'm one of those first time brewer, long time drinker types.

My husband is interested in joining, but tonight he can not make it, please keep the thread updated, we will try to join next meeting.

Hey gang.

I have a shit-ton of stuff to do (preparing to look for jobs) but if I can get enough done in the next hours I would love to join. Mr. Nascar, I realize its a bit late, but do you think there is enough space for a potential +1? If so, I suppose it becomes:

1) Josh

2) James

3) Emily

4) Jeremy

5) Bob

6) Erik

(hopefully) 7) Henri

If its totally fucked, I can sit on Jeremy's lap.

Hello everyone,

I've created a google group forum with everyones email that I obtained at the meeting Fri, Feb 25th. It is below and along with that if there is anyone that was not able to make the meeting and give your email, please add to the group or post your email below with name. Thanks and I look forward to talking with you all soon..

http://groups.google.com/group/munich-brewing-enthusiasts-homebrew-club-?hl=en

You could also subscribe to this topic and get updates on what's posted here by email just by clicking the "Watch" button at the top of the page. Less effort to maintain.

Just to keep the discussion on TT rather than on another group - I'd suggest finding another place than the Hacker Brauhaus following on from the poor waitress, and then the manager, last time. It was a great evening with some entertaining and loosely beer/brewing related chat which, but somewhat spoiled by our hosts.

For those who left early - When we came to pay at the end of the evening there were some beers unpaid for, at least according to the waitress. I'm not entirely sure if it was one beer or three beers she was complaining about but either way she'd been pretty careful about marking everyone's beer mats and those who had left early were also pretty careful about paying their dues so I was a bit sceptical about this 'mistake' from the outset.

The waitress managed to turn by scepticism into hostility by demanding that we pay for the extras. Now had she asked nicely I'd have had no problem with paying for the beers, even though I was pretty sure she was charging us for stuff the group never had, but she didn't. She was rude and aggressive, insisting it was for us to pay, and then obstructive when I suggested she get her boss to talk this through. When I finally complained about her attitude the manager was also initially unhelpful, only changing his tune when I said I'd write a negative review online. He took my email address saying he'd email me an offer of some drinks for us by way of an apology - nothing ever came.

There are enough other bars who'd be happy to have our money and I'd suggest we give them their chance - How about the Paulaner Brauhaus which is not far away and gets much better reviews?

I'm definitely right there with you on keeping information on this forum but its really hard to keep it organized and use it only as an event/sign up for new comers, not a discussion forum. I don't know how they turn forums into events where you can delete information and start a new sign up per meeting to get a head count. I also wanted to be able to put an information section where we can list "ingredient and equipment sites" under the heading/information about the club. On the other hand it would be nice to link the emails and email blast everyone since not everyone checks this. Let me know if you come up with anything to help this but that 'watch' button definitely will help if everyone does it.

I agree with you that we should try Paulaner Brauhaus. Is there anyone that is more on the fluent side like you, HellesAngel, or James that would be willing to call in the next few days and see if it would be ok for us to bring homebrew samples with us drinking their beer for the meeting?

Also, would anyone be apposed to have the meeting on the last Sunday of the month midday or early afternoon (Potentially March 27th at 3,4, or 5pm)?