Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Beer kegging supplies

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm located between Regensburg and Nurnberg and I'm looking for somewhere I can buy homebrewing supplies. Specifically right now I'm looking for somewhere I can purchase carbon dioxide to pressurize the kegging system and carbonate the beer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, just to focus replies on my question. I know there's great beer available by the rack. Homebrewing is a hobby that I enjoy, I'm just having trouble finding supplies locally. Plus it's hard to find a good amber ale or IPA around here.

ludwigs-sudhaus.de I find to be a bit easier than brouwland for ordering just because it is located near freising (moosburg), the guy that runs the store is very nice and quite helpful so I like supporting his business. I have found CO2 supplies are best bought through a daughter company linde gas called Unterbichler. Which has a office in munich, but they also deliver for a minimal charge to certain areas. I'm sure their is something similar around Regensburg.

As for malt, if you have a car it might be worth your while to go directly to Weyermann or bamberg malts both located in bamberg and pick up a bulk order or malt.

Hey all, I am a homebrewer as well, I am about to move to Nuremberg in less than a week, and I did a search about a month or so, but I read that you have to register every batch of homebrew you do with the government. I was wondering if you can give your input on this. Is it one of those rules on book but not really enforced? Thanks

Hi all,

First post, but it's an important one. Sorry to dredge up an old topic, however we moved to Munich about 3 months ago, and while I really am enjoying the cheap, good lager here, we had a weekend in the UK recently and I realised just how much I miss my ales and things, esp a decent new world IPA. Anyway, I've homebrewed for a few years in NZ, and will be looking at getting some more gear here as soon as my pay gets sorted (that's another story), but after building my own keg fridge, there's no way I'll be going back to bottles. I've found a few places selling kegs, but I'm quite keen to buy a ready-made kegerator like this http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kegerators/triplekegerator/Kegco_K209B-3_Triple_Faucet_Kegerator.html. Reasoning being a) Living in an apartment and having no tools to build one myself and B) we're only here for two years so would like something that is easy to flick on when we leave, and a purpose built, off the shelf item will be better for that.

So to that end I've been searching most of the afternoon but haven't really come up with anything doable. Everywhere in the states won't ship here, and the only ones I've found in Germany are for single 50l kegs - not what I want (wanting at least dual setup for 2 or 3 corney kegs). Anyone got any ideas on anywhere "local" (ie Europe) that sells kegerators?

Cheers

Hi,

Just moved here and want to continue brewing. Hate to buy everything from scratch, anyone looking to sell their gear, ie stockpot buckets?

Thanks,

Kyle