2016 RBS Six Nations Championship

71 posts in this topic

It's over! Ireland have won the championship!

What an incredible game. A nail-biting finish. Those last few seconds when England were so close to getting another converted try - and enough to earn those necessary championship points - were frightening.

They're just showing on TV the cheering crowds of Irish fans who were watching the game on the big screens back in Dublin. :D

Ireland are the champs!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/rugby-union/31580400

Even I found it exciting and I´ve never watched a game of rugby in my life nor do I know the rules. Can´t believe those scorelines today..it´s like football matches being 8-3 or whatever!

The scores were astronomical today. 221 from all three games; 27 tries.

Italy: 20

Wales: 61

Scotland: 10

Ireland: 40

France: 35

England: 55

• The first time since 1949 that Ireland successfully defended the title.
  • And, of course, they easily defended the Centenary Quaich (the trophy played between Ireland and Scotland)
  • Wales's 41-point victory margin over Italy beat their previous record of 39 set in 1999.
  • England's score against France was the highest ever between the two.
  • France's score of 35 was the second time in the tournament that a team would score more than 30 points and still end up losing the game.
  • Ireland's win over Scotland was the biggest in the history between the two.
  • The red wine from Italy was the best tasting among all the six teams.

post-9625-1426966899504.jpg

And now it's back to the far more exciting and superior Super Rugby. :D

Round 6 well under way...

Check this out: Bloemfontein's Cheetahs vs. Canterbury Crusaders

Bye, everyone!

This game proves that the French only play rugby when they can annoy the Brits.

*cough* you mean the English right?

*cough* you mean the English right?

What do I know, I am French/Americain al these islands look the same :P Yes the English! Yes I will be learning this before I talk again.

What a great game that ended a few moments ago. :)

Wales 16 - Ireland 16

A frenetic pace from the opening whistle. I thought it'll be a convincing Ireland win, especially when they were ahead with 13 - 0 into the second half. But back came the Welsh to level the game before the final minutes. And a 27 phase period of play by Wales? They didn't manage to gain any territory after all that, but they did manage with a penalty.

On the other hand, not such an entertaining game yesterday between England and Scotland, although it was a decent start for England's new coach Eddie Jones. I would've thought that Scotland put on an impressive performance only to be let down again with what looks like another dour tournament for the Scots. (England 15 - Scotland 9.)

And for Italy, that drop goal attempt from Sergio Parisse just going wide of the posts in extra time was so heart-breaking. Italy could have snatched a victory from France. (Italy 21 - France 23.)