Need ELSTER online help

90 posts in this topic

Thanks so much, PandaMunich!  Is it possible to go into ELSTER and revise the past VAT declarations?  This would be for May-July 2019, my first three months living in Germany.    

Can't believe you remembered me from my last mini-crisis! : ) I'll follow up on the previous case in the original thread.  

You still haven't answered my other question:

47 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

Just as a matter of interest, is that the same Steuerberater who promised to get you a Steuernummer in Berlin the very same day? :D

Oh right. No, it's not the same Steuerberater.  The first guy was pressuring me to pay him for every bit of information, which I found offputting.  I found a second guy, but now I'm worried that he doesn't know what he's doing, or that he made a mistake and is trying to cover it up.  He also said that I don't have to report my VAT-deductible business expenses every month; I could do that when I submit my annual tax return.  On my monthly VAT declaration, he told me to input "0" in Field 66:

Vorsteuerbeträge aus Rechnungen von anderen Unternehmern (§ 15 Absatz 1 Satz 1 Nummer 1 UStG), aus Leistungen im Sinne des § 13a Absatz 1 Nummer 6 UStG (§ 15 Absatz 1 Satz 1 Nummer 5 UStG) und aus innergemeinschaftlichen Dreiecksgeschäften (§ 25b Absatz 5 UStG)

Is he correct?  I would prefer to compile all my deductions at once for the year, rather than do it every month.  

No, he's not right there either.

If you do it his way, you have a result other than 0€ in the VAT tax return, and that's a red flag for the Umsatzsteuer-Sonderprüfer.

Well, to be exact, income-tax wise he would be correct since you're not buchführungspflichtig, but VAT-wise he's not.

You can correct your VAT announcements: https://www.google.com/search?q=corrected+vat+announcement+pandamunich+site%3Atoytowngermany.com 

That's good news about the corrected VAT announcement.  I'll do that.  I'm not sure what you mean by "If you do it his way, you have a result other than 0€ in the VAT tax return, and that's a red flag for the Umsatzsteuer-Sonderprüfer." My monthly declarations are currently zero (no VAT paid, no VAT deducted); I was planning to declare the VAT deductions with my annual tax return.  

You'll find out once you do the VAT tax return, which is just a repeat of all of that year's VAT announcements, and in which at the end you deduct the summed up result of all those VAT announcements, and which therefore - if you did everything right during the year - has to have as its end result 0€ (A - A = 0).

Look here: https://www.rechnungswesen-info.de/umsatzsteuersonderpruefung.html

if the result is not 0€, you have this problematic case:

• Abweichungen zwischen den monatlichen Umsatzsteuer-Voranmeldungen und der Umsatzsteuer-Jahreserklärung

On 2/1/2018, 2:00:20, Krieg said:

SteuerGo is the only one I know it is in English but I think it is only for normal employees and not for freelancers. Anyway, I never used it so I don't know. Maybe you can ask them.

I use WISO because it is the one I've been using for years and I know where everything is. But it is in German.

with WISO can you fill out Anlage EÜR, AVEÜR and Anlage UR forms?

Hello Panda,

I have moved with my family to Rhein-Main Area and due to some hinderances I could not file my tax for 2017 and 2018. I contacted the Finanzamt about our movement and got a new steuernummer. I am now working on it to submit it. I am not conversant about the Elster system since I have been using the paper format. I have started reading about it and wnat to the follow:

1. Can I use the paper format for the years 2017 and 2018?

2. I am planning for Freelance work activity soon but not certain, can I use the Steuernummer that I have  got or I have to apply for a new?

3. After complete the tax form online, what happens to the receipts and other supporting documents. Do I need to send them to the Finanzamt personally?

Thank you very much.

pap

I noticed the codes change over the years, so now (2021) there is no longer EU services vs EU goods, only EU goods+services vs EU vehicle delivery.

I recently obtained a non DE client, and was trying to figure out how to bill exclusive of MWST as they are a foreign company I provide services to. I used code 41, intra-community deliveries and it seemed to work out fine, in terms of the calculations being correct. However, I noticed later in my inbox appeared this message, which google translated into English for me:

"Dear My ELSTER user,

You have made entries in one or more of the following code numbers for the tax number XXX/XXX/XXXXX in the advance VAT registration (XXX 2020).

-Code 21, non-taxable other services-

-Code number 41, intra-community deliveries-

-Code number 42, intra-community triangular transactions-

-Code number 77, deliveries from agricultural and forestry operations according to § 24 UStG to customers with VAT ID no. -

You are therefore obliged to electronically submit a summary report with the relevant sales to the BZSt , Saarlouis office, by the 25th day after the relevant reporting period has expired . If you have already submitted the EU sales list, you can consider this notice to be invalid.

My ELSTER and My BOP are available for the transmission of the recapitulative statement.

Further information can be found on the BZSt website www.bzst.bund.de under the topic "Company / VAT / Recapitulative statements ".

With best regards

Your financial management".

Now I did wonder when entering the values why there was no element for which EU country the company was from, so now I get it, there is another form to complete. I looked under www.bzst.bund.de and there is no form there. I could not find one in ELSTER either. I am sure I am not alone in providing services to non DE customers.