Where to buy Weetabix breakfast cereal

66 posts in this topic

About two months ago, our local Tengelmann suddenly starting offering Weetabix in large boxes - I think there were 40 or 50 biscuits in each box. Unfortunately it was clear from the off that this beautiful time would pass; the boxes were set up in an all-too-small temporary display. Anyway, I bought about 3/4 of their entire stock and that lasted me until last week. Instead of going cold turkey I've been trying to feed the beast with Toppas. At best a poor imitation of the king of cereals.

My question: has anyone seen big packs of Weetabix or similar special offers in their friendly neighbourhood supermarket?

My eternal gratitude shall be your reward.

Shocking. Well, I know I've seen them somewhere (hubby loves them - his Vitabrits replacement). I'll let you know if I remember where that was...

Why is it when you read a thread like this that you instantly want to eat the thing thats being talked about?

I soooo want a bowl of Weetabix for lunch now!!

As Far As I Know You Can Get Them in Galierie Kaufhaus On Marienplatz Not Sure How Big The Packs Are Hope You Find Them...

Thanks for the recon.

A box of 24 would last me ... *scrunched up maths face* ... 8 days.

Anyone man enough to up the bet to 48?

I have the same problem ... Weetabix addiction ... I too bought out the contents of my local supermarket when they had the special on 36-bix-box a few weeks back. The promising thing is that they have now settled on the 24-bixers, because before that all I could get was 12-per-pack! Quite ridiculous.

The 24-bixers are at Tenglemans, Holzstr, Glockenbachviertel. Probabyl at a few other Tenglemans also.

Now, for the next discussion point ... does anyone else find it completely frustrating the way they package those things? It is completely impossible to open the pack without getting crumbs all over the place. Pisses me off each time I start a new pack.

A kindred spirit :)

The Weetabix packaging is as bad as the Weetabix is genius.

It is impossible to open them without getting crumbs everywhere,

which is really frustrating at 7 in the morning.

Just cut the top of the plastic straight across with a pair of scissors. A genius proposition by my hubby, after I'd splattered breakfast cereal all over the table pulling it open...

On another note. I noticed my Tenglemanns is now selling Kellogs 'Bran Flakes' under the name Corn Flakes - Vollkorn.

Tastes exactly the same to me.

EDIT - Katrina are you confusing Bran Flakes for All Bran, these are two different cereals.

Branflakes ingredients (From Kellogs.co.uk)

Wholewheat, Wheatbran (21%), Sugar, Salt, Barley Malt Flavouring, Honey, Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12.

Vollkorn ingredients (From Kellogs.de)

Vollkorweizen (65%), Weizenkleie (21%), Zucker Inulin (5%), Salz, Gerstenmalz, Honig, Vitamine (Niacin, Vit. B6, Vit. B2, Vit. B1, Folsäure, Vit. B12) un Eisen.

Apart from not mentioning the percentage of wholewheat, it sounds exactly the same.

tried these infamous weetabixs thingies in scotland recently. erm, who would want to put such a dry, crumbly thing in your mouth? i quickly turned to (another) portion of canadian bacon (yes, i know you call it butt bacon or something like that) and (another) egg overeasy. :blink: i think my cholesterol level shot up in those 5 days.

tried these infamous weetabixs thingies in scotland recently. erm, who would want to put such a dry, crumbly thing in your mouth?

Have you heard of milk by any chance? ;)

Have you heard of milk by any chance? 

oh. :huh:

i assumed i was doing something wrong.