Where to buy raw milk

26 posts in this topic

I don't usually post to things like this, but I had to here. Guess what happens if you leave raw milk out... It turns sour - like sour cream, for example. Guess what happens if you leave pasteurized milk out... It turns rancid, as in dangerous.

I am not saying there is no risk to drinking raw milk, but a little research reveals that it is actually safer than the adulterated stuff (and FAR more nutritious). Yes, I'm sure it is possible to find stories about unclean conditions and contamination, but this is the exception, not the rule. People who are even bothering to mess with the surrounding bureaucracy are likely to be serious about what they are doing.

We used nothing but raw milk and cream before coming to Germany, and were very healthy. After coming here, we had no source to purchase it and switched to the store-bought milk. Our son was practically deaf for almost 18 months before we realized it was from the milk. He'd never even had as much as a cold in his whole 2.5 years in Texas, and then was always sick on the store-bought milk here. (I am happy to say that apart from him being behind the curve in both his English and German as a result of his hearing loss, he is doing fine and catching up now, but can't have dairy.)

Pasteurization is good for industrial farming, because once it's sanitized and sealed, it will keep for a very long time - until it's opened. (Then it doesn't have any of the benefits to keep it healthy and turns rancid relatively quickly.) And just so you know, it doesn't need to be refrigerated either. The stuff on the shelf is the same as the stuff in the refrigeratoed section of the store. I guess they just want you to feel like it's fresh, so they chill it. The truth is is it dead and all but void of nutritional value by comparison. - Here's a link to a great chart regarding the nutrient comparison. Scroll down the page to find the chart:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/18/manganese-can-adversely-affect-childrens-intelligence.aspx

And btw, Louis Pasteur invented pasteurization for wine, not milk.

My link

I also look for raw milk. Why? Firstly, I have the right for food products choice. Secondly, "Harvard study: Pasteurized milk from industrial dairies linked to cancer

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035081_pasteurized_milk_cancer_dairy.html#ixzz2MkpjJkOP".

Thirdly, what about diary business made around milk? I have never heard about any manufacturing company caring about the health of the customer more then about their own pocket. Have anybody never heard about soya, antibiotics (fed to cows which get often sick), powder milk etc added to the industrial milk?

Raw milk is dangerous? But who told that I am going to take a risk? I want to have a real milk which is healthy to my body without extra stuff added or extracted from the milk in the process of production.

You want safe and healthy milk? Buy it first, then cook and cool down fast. To make a sour milk or jogurt add bacteria or five teaspoons of sour cream per litre. As you see it is very easy to take care about healthy milk. But it is a problem to get that milk.

We lived next door to a dairy barn in a little Dorf near Rosenheim. They sold us fresh raw milk, with the occasional hair. Big deal, fish it out. But our raw milk was able to clabber all by itself, turning into lovely Dickmilch without the trouble of adding yogurt or sour cream. Three days and there it was.

Buyer beware http://www.thelocal.de/national/20130307-48387.html#.UTh_HlegRI0 : Cancer causing fungus found in German unpasteurised milk.

Personally I drink soya milk.

Any raw milk outlets in Berlin? My friend is grass feeding cattle 30 minutes away and wantsnto sell raw milk and grass fed milk. Know of any artisan shopsnin the city he can supply?