Which past members do you miss the most?

700 posts in this topic

They gave superb and accurate advise... then folks started to disrepect them... They left... 

I was a huge fan of theirs... 

Did she add anything that we don't get from Panda or Engelchen? 

She certainly had some useful advice, but she picked on the harmless people in a difficult situation who really needed some help, and that's unnecessary. Also seemed to really hate English speakers who struggled here, which was kind of odd.

I don't know about folks having started to disrespect her - she spent her first months on the board threatening to sue people, so it pretty much happened all the way along, but 'disrespect' would be a massive understatement for the nastiness she doled out completely unapologetically. Shame, really.

@Findus I seem to recall he was involved in a series of heated exchanges with one other poster (I'm not being coy, I just don't remember who it was and am not going to look for it right now) towards the end of last year.  Then, IIRC, he started posting cryptic messages alluding to something coming to and end or so, and suddenly wasn't around anymore.  No clue if the two things are connected.

@LukeSkywalker you are very bad.  Techsmex would have NEVER run out of jokes OR funny pictures.  For better or for worse.

@dessa_dangerous: ofcourse, he wouldn't run out of jokes or funny pictures. I was being sarcastic. I think he would actually green me for it :). I gave him hundreds of greenies throughout the years.

I always missed Swimmer. I thought she and I could get on very well.

And what someone said about the golden era of TT being around 2004 to 2007... I agree. They were fun times. Then - as with other message boards I've been on - there was a lot of squabbling and nastiness and downmarking and things were not as cosy as before, which is why I drifted away.

On 20/03/2020, 05:26:46, Tap said:

I've been wondering the same, he hasn't logged on since 4 May 2019

Very much hope that @2B_orNot2B is well and just taking a long TT break.  

I miss the truth bombs and factual rants of one member that I can't remember the name of 

12 hours ago, EncinoMan said:

What happened to Grinner?

Haha, you mean what happened to SpiderPig!