Which past members do you miss the most?

555 posts in this topic

Ah, Keydeck...

... I remember him flaming me for my very first post on Toytown.

I pushed back, and we got along moderately well after that.

He never bullied me: he was scared of the Force :).

I miss Fuzzytony. We don't have any film reviews anymore.

I got on well with Keydeck 'cause I'm a condescending shit too but I do lack the meticulous facial grooming ;) 

On 11.1.2019, 15:56:29, kiplette said:

MrsD, MrG, Kay. Oh, and Nina Glyndwr, although she has popped in occasionally, she isn't really in conversation anymore.

presumably the little chickpea character now has a side-full of profile views...

FWIW, I have met him a couple of times via his wife. He seems to be doing very well for himself. They have a standing invitation to visit us  so if they ever do, I will let him know he is missed ( by you anyway )

Oh good. How is their house project? That was brilliant to watch in progress. Bit like Piggy's barn - amazing transformation.

28 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Oh good. How is their house project? That was brilliant to watch in progress. Bit like Piggy's barn - amazing transformation.

Been quite a while since we visited but AFAICR ( and going by the last stage of his  thread ) he had finished his Workshop, Had finished his Man Cave / office   in the roof and had put stainless steel pipes in the Chimney. They gave us a tour round the house

Must say I was impressed by his  cave, he had put meters and meters of Indian silk from wall to wall above head height and when he opened the windows a touch, it moved horizontally  like waves on the sea, very pleasing and peaceful. He had an enourmous home made desk at one end ( maybe 4-6 m long) with more Monitors and gadgets than I have ( and I have a lot ) lots of hand made bookshelves etc etc as well as an ancient Old lamp hanging from the roof from DDR days, very nice.

They had also built a big sauna and had one of these wood fired hot tubs next to it out in the open air

I stole the big desk idea :)

So he did go for the steel pipes in the chimney plan. Panda will be happy. :)

Next time you visit will you take a picture of the sauna and hot tub? I bought a second hand blow-up one on kleinanzeigen last year, and we love it and Paps really wants to keep it. It is in the Diensthaus at the moment though, which has greatly reduced power bills, and I can't see us continuing to use it in our own house. A wood fired one, though, that I can see as sustainable.

I am glad you are in touch. 

2 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

@sarabyrd, always and again.  The extent to which I miss her and wish she would come back doesn't seem to diminish with time.  

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a chance.  But she's happy and healthy, bopping from country to country on short weekend vacations.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

I miss jeremy2 and SpiderPig! They haven‘t been around for ages!

😂

You need to go to Specsavers.