Which past members do you miss the most?

617 posts in this topic

He probably got tired of being alt-trolled and negbombed constantly.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to SA618? That guy was a real character...

I miss the guy who treated us to atmospheric pictures of places he visited on his travels - I think he was in the hotel industry, and I think his thread was called something to do with postcards, but I can't find it :mellow:

6 hours ago, kiplette said:

I miss the guy who treated us to atmospheric pictures of places he visited on his travels - I think he was in the hotel industry, and I think his thread was called something to do with postcards, but I can't find it :mellow:

@victorian67

IIRC he did, on joining in 2010, originally open one in the Personal blogs forum with Postcards from (somwhere) in the title and that, after around 20 posts when a few of them started getting negged, I had commented that it seemed sad that s/he was missing an opportunity since the posts contained zero text, not even a word or two identifying either the locations or objects pictured.

After that he began to explain about how his career had caused him to travel and work in many countries and eventually settle and fall in love with the British Isles. He opened several other beautifully illustrated blog posts on a variety of locations around Britain but I think this was last thread he posted on.  Welcome to the 3 borders country

Apropos @yourkeau he spoke many times in different threads about putting in regular training for serious mountain hiking touring and, IIRC, dropped several hints about his plans to cross the Alps, albeit it wasn't clear whether he meant toward Italy, France or Croatia.

I suppose it is quite feasible that someone like him could decide to take 2 or 3 months off work to dedicate their time to acquiring a lifetime's worth of memories whilst enjoying their favourite hobby so long as they still feel young and fit enough to do so. 

It doesn't seem wise, considerate or 'right' to speculate about risks of landslides in the formerly permafrosted areas of Alpine glaciers. We know how that has gone for other fit and experienced hikers in the last few seasons.

I just hope he's happily out of range of the internet and not missing TT for the time being.

2B

Ah, perfect, that is indeed him, victorian67. I wish he would post again, I find his pictures mesmerising and the threads are very restful. Thank you, 2B

12 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

He probably got tired of being alt-trolled and negbombed constantly.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to SA618? That guy was a real character...

@sorcerers_apprentice

???

Just that she used to frequent the threads I use, but haven't seen her in a while now.

Oh man... he was a real nice guy.

Glad to have helped him out sometimes.

And he would help *us*, even though he was dirt poor... a giver of joy, be it a share meal or one of the sports event he so loved.