Which past members do you miss the most?

573 posts in this topic

I haven't been here very long, so I don't miss any of the "missing in action" or departed members here. This isn't my first forum, though, and I know that the one or other user has left his/her mark. Who, of the missing in action or departed members do you miss the most?

It is Friday, after all. . . :P

In my short time here, I'm going to say Dark Knight. He's not only the only flounce that I noticed, I found many of his posts helpful.

That's a tough one, since people who never met him miss him, just having heard about him.

TT Hall of Fame!

Reading links to older topics I often read multiple postings from Scoggs. In fact I think it was a month or more after joining and after reading several of his posts before I happened to read some reference to his having died. When I found out I was glad I hadn't done what some newbies do and responded to a topic from years past without checking dates. It was strange adjusting my perception to accept that he was not going to turn up again after a holiday or business trip as I'd been anticipating from an apparently very active member. It may seem a morbid or gouhlish idea, but not wanting to just let his contributions go (from my POV) to waste, I actually read his archived posting history soon after.

There are theories and beliefs that say as long as people care about, or think and talk of, the dead their spirit remains alive. I'm not a proponent of religion or faith-based spirituality although I know the health of a living body can be affected negatively or positively by our (if you will, intentional self-delusion) belief systems and the influence that has on production of hormones and other chemicals. There was nothing of Scoggs that I read which had anything, but (without exaggerating) a positive effect on me. I am not embarrassed to say I was not surprised to notice feeling that "knowing" Scoggs did me some good.

So it is in too a similar, but less sad, way with other TTers who had either gone away or changed user name before I joined. 3 Kings, Inflatable Woman, Grinner to name but 3 examples. I have to agree with Jeremy on Jimbo and Eurovol and add the recent ex-expat Bell the Cat too.

2B

Eurovol and funf would be my first choices - they always seemed to add interest to any topic they posted on.

Jimbo is simply "missing", as is Darknight - sad!

As for Grinner, well, he´s still grinning, just under another name!

I also miss Mlovett - not the nice one who posts pretty pictures of her garden, but the bitchy, permanently annoyed with life in Germany one, who used to live here. She obviously had a really bad time living in Germany, but I still miss her nagging and bitching! :D

(I'm glad she left - it was obviously the best thing for her!)

As for Grinner, well, he´s still grinning, just under another name!

That's interesting, as some of his past posts that I came across actually gave me the idea for this Friday thread.

Did spiderpig flounce? I miss him bitching about whatever he bitches about :P

Mlovett still posts.

Who knows with Jimbo and DarkKnight. Certainly Jimbo is the one poster I really miss.

It's the Big Brother syndrome NBJ - always in the background, and you never know when and where he'll pop up!

He posted a couple of weeks back actually, or so I believe, and then popped up where I had never imagined seeing him!

Mlovett still posts.

Of course she does, but surely that isn't the Mlovett who used to post when she lived here, oder?!

Of course she does, but surely that isn't the Mlovett who used to post when she lived here, oder?!

Physically or mentally?

Physically or mentally?

Still posts great pics and gets wound up by Keydeck. It's only the incessant whinging about Germany that's changed?

I'd like to be able to say I miss Guest, but apparently he is still around ;)

:lol:

... and not planning on going anywhere soon. :D