Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cheap van-hire or "Man with a Van" HEIDELBERG

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to buy a few items of furniture from IKEA (I just moved to Heidelberg) but the online delivery charges are so expensive. I wondered if anyone knows a good place in Heidelberg to hire a van for a few hours/a day or if someone has a van and a bit of spare time and could help me. I am willing to pay!! I will be buying a double bed so the car/van must be big enough to fit a double mattress.

Many thanks in advance.

you can rent a van directly from Ikea at an hourly rate.

Taken from the Ikea Mannheim website. http://www.ikea.com/ms/de_DE/customer_service/ikea_services/liefergebiete.html

2. Einkaufen und Transporter mieten

Produkte aussuchen, kaufen und mit einem Transporter, den du beim Transport- & Montageservice

mieten kannst, nach Hause bringen.

Bis 1,5 Stunden (inkl. aller km) 27.- ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Jede weitere halbe Stunde (inkl. aller km) 9.- ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Bis 4 Stunden (inkl. aller km) 59.- ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Nachttarif (inkl. aller km) 59.- ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ganztagstarif (inkl. aller km) 89.- ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Du zahlst keine Kaution und bringst den Transporter voll getankt zurück.

Voraussetzung: Der Fahrer ist mindestens 19 Jahre alt und ein Jahr im Besitz des Führerscheins.

Beachte: Führerschein und Personalausweis sind bei Vertragsabschluss vorzuzeigen und es kann nur mit EC-Karte gezahlt werden.

depends on how much you have delivered. we bought nearly 1000€ worth of furniture and the 75€ delivery charge was peanuts. ikea also has an on-site hire a van service. you'd have to bring it back though. (oh, Nicole already posted that).

They will give you a trailer for free if that is an option http://www.ikea.com/de/de/store/walldorf/services

I used Lasten Taxi the past couple of times I went to Ikea.

Their rates are pretty cheap, it's like riding a cab, but instead of a car you get a big van with room. :-)

Here's the link:

http://www.lastentaxi-rhein-neckar.de/

And the phone number: 06202-920691

Flagdown rate is €8.50, the first three kilometers is €2.50 each, and the rest is €1.50 per kilometer.

From Ikea to Bergheim in Heidelberg, it came down to about €35 euros for me, including loading time. I gave the guy €50 because he helped me unload and move the stuff to my apartment.

To get the van, all you need to do is call about 60-90 minutes before you need them, and they'll be there. For Sundays, you have to set the appointment the day before.

A word of warning, the drivers' English is not very good, so be prepared to practice your German!