English speakers in Wismar/surrounding areas

27 posts in this topic

Hi Effie,

"Like" Cafe Frieda Insel Poel on Facebook to get regular news about our events. Can't promise when our next English "Fun, Food & Frolics" event will be, but if there is enough interest we will have one!

Andy & Kathy Gordon

Oh yes, I would love to attend an English event at Cafe Frieda. I also teach English conversation at the VHS Wismar so I can tell my students to come!

Hi there! It seems I am a few years late for this discussion however I have recently moved to Wismar as my Fiancé has work here, he is Swedish and I am South African. I must say it has been a huge adjustment as I am used to people generally being friendly, and the language barrier is isolating. However I am slowly trying to learn. Expats in Wismar where are you? And how do I join groups etc. willing to travel to Rostock as well, a drink and nice conversation is desperately needed!

Hi Monique, welcome to Wismar. And don't give up, there are a few of us around here but it's not a very active ex-pat scene. I'll send you my number; give me a call and I'll fill you in on the details. 

Andy G. 

All are welcome to visit me in my cafe in Klütz (25 min. drive fr Wismar) - Jamies Cafe Galerie - where you can have all the English conversation you like (American English).     ~ Jamie

Hello guys,

I am from Tunisia, I came here not just because I'm looking for people who speak English, but to look for information about job oppurtunities for a Land-surveyor technician in Germany, if there's any information about so, I'll be glad to hear from you.