Greenfarm Festival 2012

28 posts in this topic

Not only is it on my birthday, I grew up in a town that is home to one of the big festivals on the bluegrass scene. I am SO there!

Excellent! A big bunch of us were there last year and had a great time!

Lets hope the weather is nice, as camping on site is worth doing. Then a glass of Murphy's for breakfast!

I'm off to the Greenfarm festival again this year with my paintings, this year though I'll be doing live painting al-fresco. Looking forward to it and here's hoping for some good weather for a change.

Tis a great weekend.

Looks like a great musical program. The Games this year though are Gaelic Football and Hurling. Does that mean no caber tossing? No Haggis tossing? No welly throwing? Those are just in the odd years?

That would be a shame if there's no more Highland Games - that was one of the highlights of the weekend. Unfortunately, I'll miss the festivities this year but it's a great day out for both young & old.

Looks like a great musical program. The Games this year though are Gaelic Football and Hurling.

It's a great music programme indeed. Thank you Gen.

Yep, Gaelic Football & Hurling since I don't know enough about American sport and no one plays it in and around Munich - or if they do, they haven't told me.

The festival is dedicated to the Irish connection with Americana/Bluegrass. Americans don't caber or toss, I believe.

See you there.

GREENFARM FESTIVAL 2011 - The festival of festivals

post-5920-13080445744332.jpg

Just returned from my first ever Greenfarm festival today and I'm absolutely and wholly thrilled!

A lot of fun music, a few of my personal favourits were Huckleberry Five, the amazing and lovely Rosena Horan, the fantastic Caladh Nua and of course the Paul Daly Band with my all time fav 'St. Paddy's day in Munich'.

Oh, and I ran into some Toytowners and people I haven't seen in almost 4 years, which was absolutely lovely.

Thank you so very much for organizing this amazing festival!

I just hope there's going to be another Greenfarm Festival in 2012 *hint*?

Discussions have already started, Zefix. Just let us put our feet up for a few hours (days, weeks) first - after all, the Paddy's Day parade is the next major event in line. A big thank you to our artist in residence Derek Beggs (or even derekbeggs) who produced some great 'snapshots' of the event. Also nice to see the lovely Pieman again!

We had a lovely time too, although I feel like I do need to apologise if you're one of the people my toddler decided to forcibly befriend and gift napkins and leaves to. Sorry about that.