Seeking RPG group in Frankfurt

58 posts in this topic

Hello,

My boyfriend is a big fan of roleplaying games - particularly Dungeons and Dragons - and needs some folks to play with! He has taught me and we've had a few games on our own but as any RPG-er knows, it's not particularly fun with only two people.

I've seen posted that there are meetup groups in Berlin and Munich but anyone around the FFM area meet up on the weekends to play?

Thanks!

Katie

I am not too much into D&D, but it shouldn't be too hard to find gamers here. Sadly we lack proper local gaming stores in Frankfurt, which would make the process so much easier. :(

Some websites for gamers in Frankfurt:

- Here is a forum for roleplayers in Frankfurt - they do monthly pub-meetings:

http://www.s187578087.online.de/forum/

- We have a weekly meet-up for boardgamers (english speakers very welcome!) & a quite active Guild at BoardGameGeek:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/414

Quite a few of us also do RPGs.

Hey there.

We are also into roleplaying. I'm into RPGs for 19 years, my wife is a bit less (16 years, i think).

We are less into D&D (probobly got bored) and more into something a bit less orthodox.

We run and play mostly in English, as our German suck alot.

We also got few English speaking friends we play with, so i'm sure we could fit you in.

We are living in Bad Homburg now (S5 - 20 minutes), and we mostly play in our apartment.

Sp if you are interested feel free to contact, and we could meet and chat on this.

Egor.

Sorry to drop by uninvited but I was about to ask the same but for the Erlangen area? Anybody that plays D&D there?

Hello all,

I have just landed in Frankfurt this week and I was wondering if there were any active RPG groups, or at least a way to get to know what games go on and when,

Also, is there any shop yet in Frankfurt that supplies our RPG needs?

my email is mgarzelli (at) hotmail (dot) com if anyone has any info that can be useful,

In these coming couple of weeks we are still in temporary accommodation but still, at least to stay in touch to then organise a campaign, I am happy to GM, I am an old-style gamer, I play/GM anything from D&D first ed to 4th ed passing through AD&D (for who can remember it), and for other games, I am fond of Cyberpunk 2020 and the Fuzion system, (but not Cyberpunk 3rd ed or Cybergeneration) and Fading Suns(both eds), World of Darkness in general (Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Mage the assention), warhammer, and many other, and other less known like

- wasteworld

- dream ourobouros (rêve de dragon)

- lex arcana

- zero

Hope to hear for someone soon,

Ciao

Heya. I havent role played in germany for quite a while but im pretty sure the GameWorkshops do D&D books, possible some other rpgs too. There should be one in Konsti (konstablerwache) in frankfurt.

Thanks,i will investigate,it has been so long since my last game,i am starting to feel withdrawing symptoms :) . I guess even if they dont actively do it,they would know of possible shops around or venues where rpg is taking place. I will post any answer i get on this post for anyone to find

Hello and welcome to Frankfurt.

There are many-many RPG group around :)

Unfortunately, the majority of them are german speaking.

I know Jim is still organizing some D&D 4 ed. gaming sessions in Frankfurt in English.

Ryan Thompson (one of WOD contributors) should be still arround with his olf-school WOD games.

My wife and myself are also interested in roleplaying.

I've just returned from a long project and pretty much free, while my wife is always interested in gaming outside of working hours.

Though my enthusiasm for D&D stopped on AD&D 2nd ed (and a bit of the 3rd ed).

Thus I'm more experimenting in other types of gaming (like KULT).

One of our friends was recently running a game on Legend of the five rings (2nd edition, i think).

While WOD is not our cup of tea, old school cyberpunk (W. Gibson-ish) sounds quite interesting.

We live in Bad Homburg some 2 bus stops or 7 minutes walk from the Bahnhopf (S5 or U2) and we don'e object holding gaming sessions at our home.

I'm into role playing myself, but dungeon and dragons was not what I had in mind!!!

How about doctors and nurses???

I'm not very keen on the medical industry. But teachers and students is better.

I'm not very keen on the medical industry. But teachers and students is better.

Not interesting to me.

To teach at work and as a leisure.

No, thanks.

Hello Merl,

That sounds really great, I have sent you a PM with my details so that we can get in touch to perhaps start some campaigns,

I am sorry I have been silent all this time, I was busy looking for a house and training in my new job and had was literally exhausted at the end of the day. I have tried to go to Games workshop as quarice, but the people I spoke to had no idea of what I was talking about and were pretty clueless as to how I could get a group here is Frankfurt.

I have see a couple of forums for RPGers, but indeed, they are 99% in German and I would not be able to know even where to begin. Although to be truthful, I am planning to learn German as soon as possible.

My wife does not RPG at all but she has no issues at all with me doing it, hehehe, I am quite lucky in that sense.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Maurizio

HI!

I'm new here but I'd really love to start playing RPGs again. I used to play quite regularly but my old group grew apart unfortunately.

I enjoy the D&D & Co fantasy medieval themes but also had a lot of fun with Vampire: The Masquerade and Cthulhu.

Let me know what you think ;-)

Hello Lanfear,

that sounds interesting, although, I have to be honest, I have not really been in the WoD world for a long long time, and I stopped D&D at the 3rd edition. I think I remember once I played (or tried to play) the edition with those saurus people (with their women with breasts... although they are reptiles... go figure) and those robot-like creatures. I did not like that: I am old fashion way medieval, so all these weird races introduced to sell a product as being 'original' did not go well with me so I left the system. I heard Pathfinder is a great alternative, but I will have to discover it.

Anyways, let me know if you are interested, you can always PM me letting me know your email so that I can reply through my email to you. Just for your info, I will move to Bad Vilbel from next weekend onwards

Ciao

Voltumna

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to Toytown and new to Frankfurt. And now I'm looking for some gaming! Since this thread isnt the most recent, I hope some of you still look in from time to time.

I'm looking for pretty much any kind of pen&paper, board gaming. I GM myself and am really itching to have a group of players again. I enjoy alsorts if systems and setting, SciFi and fantasy.

PM me if your interested.

-ClipperShip