Making friends in Frankfurt - come and join us!

174 posts in this topic

Request for an additional bump on a log to join in.

Hopefully will be in Frankfurt on Saturday morning.

Thanks

"the village idiot"

Hey guys,

I would like to add my girlfriend and me to the list - if that's fine with you.

We moved here half a year ago but still didn't get really in contact with other expats.

Hope it won't be a problem that we are not natives :)

Looking forward to seeing you all

Jan

Ronni. Those friends of mine didn't say how many they would be, but my guess would be 2 of them. They did infact confirm that they are coming, and also booked a Hotel close by for tomorrow evening.

Looking forward to meet all of you!

Chris

Hi dear Ronni,

luckily work didn't interfere after all, so if ok, will pitch up!

- anyone mind my husband joining, despite being German? ;D

look forward to speak some english (and Afrikaans here and there :)

greets to all!

Louise.

Hi boys and girls,

This event has taken a life of its own (much like Frankenstein :P ).. Of course all are welcome, and German hubbies are included, otherwise I wouldn't be having a ride to town.. :) By my count we are now 23 confirmed people and have a reservation for a bit less, so I suggest all wifes / girlfriends sit on their husbands / boyfriends laps.. or vica-versa ;)

See you all tonight

Ronni

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say it was really nice to meet you all tonight. :-)

Ronni, thanks for the initiative and arraging the evening!

Best,

Chris

I second that! Was really good to meet people in the same situation as us here in Ffm.

When's the next one then Ronni? :D we need to play musical chairs or something next time, so we can meet the other half of the table!

James

If I may just make a suggestion Ronni. The venue was very nice, food very good, people wonderful, but the music a bit on the loud side. Unfortunately I am not that good with lip reading - LOL. Maybe next time we should choose a venue where the music ain't so loud? But please don't get me wrong. The evening was wonderful and it was indeed lovely to meet you all! :-)

Ronni, thanks for organising last night. Appreciate the effort you put in to bring us all together!!

To those I managed to chat to, great to meet you, thanks for good company/conversation.

To those I didn't manage to chat to, apologies for not coming over. Looking forward to getting to know you at a future get together.

Toshi

Edited as I was embarrassed with my poor spelling/grammer...

Thanks for sortign last night out Ronni, It was a great night and nice to meet you all. The irish bar, although busy, turned out to be a right laugh once we got chairs at the bar.

Be great to meet yuo all again

Cheers

Gary

damn..guessed i missed out. just saw the thread. also new in Frankfurt and doing my Masters. started a German language course on the side just to ease my 'settling in' process. Would have been great to meet some English speakers for a change!anyway next time u guys decide to hangout please dont forget the newbie guy, Kwame, from Ghana. Hope u had a great time. Oh n yes, I do speak English and Chinese actually. My German is best left alone for now but hoping to improve that in the shortest possible time.(lol)

Cheers guys.

Oooh fiddly I just saw this now... Been here 2 and a half years and would love to meet new people so if you organise another event I would love to join! :)

Fi

Hi,

I come to Frankfurt area throughout the year to visit my boyfriend and would like to meet up with others. I saw this thread and seen all the positive reviews. And congrats to Ronnie for the inspiration. If there is a meetup in February I would love to attend with my boyfriend. Cheers

Hi Ronnie,

Wanted to thank you for organizing the meeting the other night it was great! Hope to attend th next one. in addition I meet a couple more South African Ex-pats who would be interested in joining in.

thanks for that Ronni. It was great. I will be away this weekend but catch up with you guys. I am sorry that we didint have a chance to talk everyone but i really enjoyed the night. See you soon.