House of Pies - A UK-style pie shop in Munich

541 posts in this topic

Well what they pass as cakes come from bakeries even though most should really require building regulations they're so close to concrete so who knows?

When we were there, of the three little tables only one was occupied by expats; the other two were crammed with Germans. Seems promising - maybe they were lured in by all the sweetcorn in the salads.

So they are flown in frozen (and I thought they were made fresh <_< )

In my experience, pies aren't really affected by freezing. In fact, I warmed the pie up I bought two days ago (and kept in the fridge) in the oven last night and it was possibly better than the ones I ate on the day of purchase.

We are still experimenting a little with our opening hours. Yesterday we had our doors open till 9pm.

Does anyone know the current opening hours? Is it back to 8pm closing, or are they open until 9pm now?

Zeekla - If you dont get one now, pls let me know. I will have 3 of them organized for you tomorrow, with your name on them! The Mega Steak Pies are the bestseller at this stage (see the rating on our FB page).

We are open until 8pm. This week has provided a total of 5 customers between 8 and 9pm. The Segrafredo "Coffee Shop" next door is a bit of a hindrance after 8pm with all the drunks hanging around in the passage way. They are looking for new tenants to attract a new (better) audience.

If they knew what they were doing, drunk people would be a large part of your clientele :)

Well, in the real world yes. This group, however, seems to be a touch beyond drunk & pride themselves on being very loud and aggresive with each other...all this at around 8pm.

Yes, we are looking forward to the fest. We are thinking about setting up a mobile unit at Thalkirchen Camping site for the Oktoberfest.

Our manufacturing is located in the UK, we dont deal with any external manufacturers.

Pike - Kidney will be a no-go with the Germans. However we are thinking about offering Steak & Kidney per order for our English-speaking clients, ie you order now & we bake them up for you for 30min later. Let me know what you think!

Ok, Sausage Rolls have been added!

They will be available as of this afternoon around 5pm. Please ask the Service girl specifically for non-vegetarian Sausage Rolls, as these need to be added to our new menues which are currently being printed.

Also, what time will the TTT take place tomorrow evening? Any special requests?

Is the munufacturing really in the UK or is this a dodge of some kind?

I suspect, that it isn't worth it having fresh pies of the kidney variety on the counter pre-made as they don't sell. However keeping them in stock ready to be cooked would be much more viable.

I suspect, that it isn't worth it having fresh pies of the kidney variety on the counter pre-made as they don't sell. However keeping them in stock ready to be cooked would be much more viable.

Fray Bentos have been doing this for aeons.