English speaking Jobs Regensburg

19 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I currently looking for a job here in Regensburg. I have the full right to work in accordance with my visa and I would like to put it to good use. I am wondering what other experiences people have had with trying to find a job where you can use the English language or at least get by on basic German language skills until I learn more.

Has anyone found a full time postion or a mini job? Has anyone had experienc getting employment through the Arbeitsamt? Does somebody find themselves in the same situation?

I look forward to hearing from you...

Did you look at the thread thats about 4 threads down from this one? Someone else was just asking the same kind of thing.

@thesugardandy It might help if we knew what your work interests were. I went to the Arbeitsamt in Regensburg every 5 weeks for a total of 3 times before I found work on my own (around October 2010). They were very helpful but I suggest getting someone to help you create your Bewerbung (lebenslauf ect) so that you can email or send it off by post to perspective employers. You can always try to work at Hohenfels or Vilseck but to be honest they don't pay as well.

Thank you for your imput Grandcanyon. I too am considering the Arbeitsamt as my first stepping stone. I am glad to hear that you found them helpful. I have heard through the grapvine that the when you sign on at the Arbeitsamt they pay you geld while you are trying to find a job. I understand that this would be practice the for German Citizen but I find it a bit hard to believe that would apply to those of us who are non German citizens. Do you mind if I ask what your experiecne was in this matter

And can you give me a bit more detail as to what type of experience you made at the Arbeitsamt such as, is there a job board? do they send you on interviews? how often do you have to check in with them? ...etc. etc.

I am currently work on translating my resume\CV into German. I have over 17 years experience in the Visual Merchandising industry. Sadly, that industry is very limited here in Regensburg. But also, its a position in which you have to work with the public and my German in not strong enough for that type of interaction at this point.

Btw...congrats on find work!

I don't know what difference this makes but I am married to German citizen (born in Czech). I went to the Arbeitsamt and the guy there asked me if I wanted money while I looked for a job, but I declined. With each of the 3 visits I made over 3½ months he would print off a list of employers looking to hire. Sometimes the jobs would be too far for me to get to and some would not even be in existence yet (as they were awaiting a grand opening of sorts). No matter what came out of that printer though he told me I had to apply to all of them and log in online (www.arbeitsagentur.de) to check on jobs he would add to my account in between visits. I went on a probearbeit with one company and they never called as they said they would. Lucky for me because the next job offer was only a week or so away and paid an extra €440 per month so I took it. My German is not the greatest but I have no problems talking with my coworkers or guests that come to the hotel I work at. I am in a high profile job and make direct contact with foreign guests (Germans) everyday. For me it's not an issue. I also spent 6 months in the VHS so you might want to look at that as well. If all else fails.. play the lottery like me :)

Thank you for the insight! It seems like the system here works very much the same as it does back home. But I still find the Arbeitsgeld a bit odd. Now I see why so many people come to Germany.

I have been thru the whole VHS system too. A crappy system at that, I think! But regardless I did manage to pass the B1 test. However, my German is just down right terriable and I need a private tutor, hince wanting to find a job to pay for it.

Thanks again for the information. You have provided me with a bit of comfort knowing what to expect!

I have been in Germany for 1 year and five months and now i would like to get a job here in Nuremberg, i took six months of german classes and currently my German is at A1 level have to take 3 months more because i did not pass the B1 exam. At the moment i get help from the Government but to be honest im tire of it and i need a job. In my case i had to do it so i stay home and take care of my baby but now i woul like to start doing some type of work even a mini job any ideas or recommendations i have seen some stores and companies looking for personal but my german is really basic at the moment.

No offense but you realize you are posting in the Regensburg section and we are at least an hour away?

I Know where Regensburg is but at that time i did not found the posting for Nuremberg, that is why i posted it there but still any recommendations are welcome. I found the postings for Nuremberg and i will post it there too.

You say your native language is Spanish - have you thought about teaching? If that's an option there are many language schools in Nuremberg.

That is an option that i haven,t consider but in my knowledge i don't think the Germans are interested in learning spanish maybe english.

That's not necessarily true. English is of course more popular but Germans learn other languages too. A quick Google search brings up lots of language schools - why not contact them and see if they have any vacancies for Spanish (or even English). It will most likely be freelance work but it's something.

A big part of working in a country where we are so severely disadvantaged because of our (lack of) knowledge of the language is asking 'what skills do I have that set me apart?' Play to those strengths!

Regensburg partime job wanted.

Hi everyone I am a mature student from Ireland and im looking for a partime job in Regensburg where I will be studying for the Summer Semester of 2015. I will consider any type of evening or weekend work. I can do painting, gardening, building or bar work, office work or english lessons etc.