Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's the German for "Blu-Tac"

29 posts in this topic

at work we always pin things into the wall (photos etc) which leaves lovely holes afterwards, and it occured to me that i've never seen blu tack here. has anyone come across something similar here??

its the little things we take for granted in england...!!! :lol:

I noticed this when i first got here and wanted to put some posters up. they all use sellotape (sticky back plastic!). I did manage to find some overpriced stuff that was in little blocks, can't remember what it was called. i wasn't prepared to pay €7 for it.

I just asked for some to be sent to me from England!

Blu Tack will eventually leave marks on the walls, but I have to say the special Tesa Film strips they make to hold up posters or what have you on the walls really work well. No marks, hold up a fair amount of weight, easy to remove. Only disadvantage is that each strip is good only for one time use.

I'm heading back to England next week for a week, I can always bring some Blu Tak back with me !

But you can get it here!, he said in a slightly louder voice. It's yellow, looks the same (apart from the vaste difference between blue & yellow), acts the same, tastes the same.

I heard Keydeck ! but was just giving an offer if someone wanted blue blu tak !

But then the question is, where in Munich can you get it ?

@keydeck - they do have it, but it's not all that easy to find. I had to try about 5 stationery shops before I found their yellow stuff, which is normally already split into little squares... and costs too much.

Ok, wailie, wailie, wailie.

Anyone who wants blu-tack contact Pepper who will bring it from the UK.

Theres also a white version available in Kaufhof which is made by the guys who do Prit Sticks

P

I seem to remember reading that BluTack isn't available in Germany because it contains a chemical that's forbidden by some German regulation.

Keep an eye out for

bild_multifix.jpg

Look on www.pritt.de for the full range of pritt stick products.

Pritt On & Off Multifix is like bluetack, but Is easier to shape etc :)

HTH

Pootls

Why does the colour matter? You place it behind the object/poster, don't you? Just curios.

can you roll the prittstick version it into big balls like with blu tack??

keydeck - where do you have the yellow stuck from and what's it called??...you've even tasted it :blink:

@Karen I've just noticed that the yellow kind leaves a big greasy stain on the wall after about a year, and the white didn't when I was using both at the same time. Never tried Blue though. Oh wait. That wasn't yellow sticky tack. That was C-4. Silly me. ;)

@profundo - If it was C4 and only left a greasy stain on the wall then youj're not using it properly ;)

@ChickenPie - I've bought it from downstairs in Hertie by Hbf in the stationary section. Can't for the life of me remember the name it had. It wasn't the Pritt version though.

God knows why but I've had like three packs of Blu-Tak in my drawer since I got here. I hardly ever use it. In fact I can't remember when the last time was. If anyone wants like minging 6 year old blu-tak, they can have it. Otherwise I'll put it up for auction on ebay. People will buy some right shit there.