Appointments at Ausländeramt bookable via Internet

62 posts in this topic

I booked an early January appointment at the beginning of November because it was the earliest available via the online booking system...

I fall into the Z6 category (U.S. citizen but not a student visa), and I'm joining my husband here (he's an EU citizen but not German). When you say documents to bring, I guess you mean registration, residency, health insurance, marriage certificate... does my husband need to bring something proving financial support? I'll keep looking around Toytown, but was curious what exactly that would be... bank statements of some sort? lease agreement?

They should tell you exactly which documents you need to bring in the same e-mail in which they confirm your booked appointment, AmandaUCSC.

I fall into the Z6 category (U.S. citizen but not a student visa), and I'm joining my husband here (he's an EU citizen but not German).

Are you sure you are supposed to be in Z6? I thought EU citizens and their family members belong in Z2...

The documents you require are listed on your appointment confirmation. They might also ask for your husband's last three pay statements and/or a copy of his work contract.

I booked an early January appointment at the beginning of November because it was the earliest available via the online booking system...

I fall into the Z6 category (U.S. citizen but not a student visa), and I'm joining my husband here (he's an EU citizen but not German). When you say documents to bring, I guess you mean registration, residency, health insurance, marriage certificate... does my husband need to bring something proving financial support? I'll keep looking around Toytown, but was curious what exactly that would be... bank statements of some sort? lease agreement?

I also think you fall into the Z2 category. I am EU but not German and my wife is from Outside the EU. We got the 5 year EU work & residence permit needing the following:

- Passports of both (both partners need to be present)

− Wedding Certificate with Apostille with translation (English was fine)

− Proof of income (2x my salary slips, contract). I am not sure what the minimum is, my salary is around the German average.

- Proof of residence, the piece of paper you get when you register at the Burgeramt, for both partners! Rental Contract.

- Proof of health insurance, my wife is co-insured through TK.

- Filled in form.

- Picture

It will then take 6 weeks to get the plastic card. But after the meeting you will be legally residing in the EU :)

You are both probably right. Thanks for the advice on what to bring! Will let you know how it goes... :x

I am having so much trouble booking an online appointment at the Ausländerbehörde, and was wondering if anyone could help me? My current VISA expires in July, and I need to renew it. I am currently employed as a teacher at an International School here in Berlin (but happen to be on Elternzeit, which shouldn't matter). When I select the Z6 e-appointment option, I am told to select "Staatsangehörigkeit" (USA), as well as "Sachgebiet" and "Anliegen". None of the options apply to my situation, which is simply that I need lengthen my current visa using my open-ended contract from my work. I already sent an email to them, and they simply sent some unhelpful word document that tells you where to go to book an appt online (thanks). I'm tempted just to choose this option : "Aufenthaltserlaubnis in einen neuen Pass Uebertragen", but this is really not my situation at all, and worried they might not help me when I get there. Anyone ever been in this situation? I really want to make an appt...I will have to bring my 18 month old and do not want to wait all day....

Any help or tips would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Were you on this page?

I just went in there and selected "sonstiges Anliegen" and then "Aufenthalt zur Aufnahme einer Beschäftigung" and when you click on that, a new section opens up that says "Erteilung und Verlängerung einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis zum Zweck der Aufnahme einer Beschäftigung" with a list of documents you need to bring with you. They're lumping getting a work permit for the first time and extending that permit into one category.

I was blown away when last week, I booked an appointment for a client in Z2 (the student section) at the Ausländerbehörde, and got one for less than 4 days later! I just about died. There were several available this week. So it is definitely worth checking for an appointment, even if your issue is urgent.

Having said that, when we got there, we waited for about 40 minutes before his number came on the screen. Z2 is my least favourite section to interpret in, purely because of the waiting times. Z6 is a breeze in comparison.

Does anyone know if they allow appointments to change the address on my Aufenthaltskarte (American w/ EU citizen partner). I've already submitted my anmeldung for the new flat, but I haven't seen any links to where I can make an appointment to do this part.

I have no clue

I finally got my e-AT (after much misunderstanding of the letters they sent me) and it came with my old address (I was in the process of moving while asking for an e-AT).

AFAIK, I won't care. How stupid is an ID supposed to be to have your address in it? Don't they expect people to move every now and then? and my current address can be found in my Bürgeramt database anyway.

It's like having your age written in your ID card, instead of your birthdate. You KNOW it's gonna change sooner or later and make it information in the document out dated.

Public Management failure, from my point of view.

AFAIK, I won't care. How stupid is an ID supposed to be to have your address in it? Don't they expect people to move every now and then? and my current address can be found in my Bürgeramt database anyway.

It's like having your age written in your ID card, instead of your birthdate. You KNOW it's gonna change sooner or later and make it information in the document out dated.

German ID cards also have addresses on them. When you go to register your new address after you move, they paste a sticker with the new address over the old address.

Don't they expect people to move every now and then? and my current address can be found in my Bürgeramt database anyway.It's like having your age written in your ID card, instead of your birthdate. You KNOW it's gonna change sooner or later and make it information in the document out dated. Public Management failure, from my point of view.

It is to remind you that Big Brother is watching you. (And not the TV series, either)

Has anyone else tried to book an appointment online recently? It's showing no open appointments for years and I know that's not true. Just wondering if other people are experiencing similar problems.

I'm having a same trouble too - it has been like this for some weeks already. Is there any info about it??

I don't believe they would response quickly if I would try to take an appointment via email..

I booked one at the beginning of March for March 22nd and I was lucky that it was the only one of two that I could find in the near future. That being said, when I went in around 4 pm, there were several people with no appointment who were being helped.

The system did seem to be working properly when I used it yesterday around noon. So it looks like either the problem has been fixed, or you can only make appointments during opening hours now for whatever reason. The earliest appointment available was mid-June, but that's normal I guess.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning at LABO to pick up my work visa that was booked by my new workplace. They said I don't have a number for this appointment, I just need to be in the appropriate room (room 66) at the appointed time. I'm a little worried because the posts I'm seeing regarding online appointments still seem to involve having a number. I also don't speak any German and unfortunately don't have anyone to help translate for me. If I show up at Z6 tomorrow will I be able to go looking for this room 66 without much trouble? Something tells me it's not going to be as simple as that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yo Storm. Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow. I'm new to all this stuff and I don't have any info to help you out. Just passing along good vibes. I feel you though. I don't speak German at all. I've been here since December. Came here to be with my pregnant (German) girlfriend. Something tells me you won't have much trouble. I'm super envious you get a working Visa!