Appointments at Ausländeramt bookable via Internet

61 posts in this topic

Starting January 31, 2011, appointments at LABO - Berlin's foreigners' office - to extend visas can be made over the Internet by citizens of the following nations:

• Australia
  • Canada
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • New Zealand
  • South Korea
  • United States

as well as students and visiting scientists from around the world.

If everything works as planned, after you submit a request for an appointment, you will receive a confirmation together with a list of all the documents needed to extend your visa. You should also be able to request changes or cancellations to confirmed appointments online. The service will be free of charge and, assuming the trial run is successful, should be extended to other nationalities at some undefined time in the future (source).

I just wanted to clarify that it is not possible to use the online booking form if you are going in for a renewal of an existing visa with permission for gainful employment (Verlängerung Ihrer Aufenthaltserlaubnis bei Ausübung einer Erwerbstätigkeit) unless you are a freelancer.

For example, I was issued a one year visa last year with permission to work for my current employer. In order to renew it I had to use the regular email system, and am still waiting for an appointment weeks later.

It seems the Ausländerbehörde has reorganized their website - this is the page for making appointments. It also seems that the appointments are now available to all nationalities.

Does anyone know the how much time in advance you should allow to apply for a Renewal of a residence permit? Thx

Has anyone booked an appointment for an extension?

I followed the instructions on the web site -- e-mail your agent or the Termin.XXX address. So, I e-mailed the woman I talked to last year, who now says she no longer handles my case, and she gave me an e-mail address. Despite the very subject of my e-mail being "Aufenthaltstitel Verlängerung," they replied with just an attachment -- a hideous word document about the new online system.

Yet, there is no option for this. I booked an appointment anyway, and e-mailed them again asking them what the deal was 2 weeks ago and they haven't even bothered to reply.

hello,

I made an appoitment but for something different, that was easy, and they send you an email with all the info and date

now I want to share this, last time I was need to ask for the status of my application and appoitmenst were until december

so I went early on a monday, they open at 7am

I arrive at 6,15 and there was a line

my suggestion is to arrive 10 mins before, because when they open people doesnt respect the line

also make sure where do you have to go, people run when they open, in my case I wasn't sure, so I have to look on the floor plan, to avoid this i may recomend to go another day just to see what is your waiting room and where is the little machine that provide the appoitments for that day

in my experice they only provided those appoitments until 7,15am at that time a lasy went out and hangt a sign that no more appoitments will be given for that day

hope this helps

cheers

I mentioned this in the "Do people at the Ausländerbehörde speak English? thread as well -

If you book an appointment and try to show up at an earlier date, they will NOT help you. According to the woman at the H-O Z2 line, it is not possible to cancel your appointment and they cannot help you until the appointment.

Also, you DO want to show up early. The Z2 line (Students, etc) most definitely held a line as the doors opened, and a security guard only let 5-10 people in at a time. I arrived at 6:05a and already the line was almost 20 people. I was fortunate enough to get the ninth number in my particular waiting room.

I just wanted to share my experience using the online booking system for my visa extension versus last year when I just got there at the crack of dawn and waited for hours. Definitely DO book online! I booked mine for 8am, got there 10 minutes early and they already had my number sitting up on the call board(apparently these people working the appointments are not overbooking their time). The amazing thing was the amount of people that were sitting there at 8am, waiting to see if more numbers would be coming out of the machine, which was obviously finished for the day!

Once again, give yourself a good 1-2 months time before your visa is due to expire and book an online appointment. The people are still horrible, but I was in an out in less than 30 minutes and I didn't have to wait out in the cold and run to get a number.

The people are still horrible

Horrible? Why horrible? Are you in Z2 (students) or Z6 (Americas, Asia, and Africa)?

I'm still in Z2 and with the exception of the guy at reception in Z2 (who you don't even see if you have an appointment), everyone is usally really great.

I'm Z2 as well, but of the 4 times I have visited the Auslaenderamt, I have only had one helpful clerk. I once had one send me away saying I couldn't apply, then came back with the exact same materials later in the week, had a different person who said all was well (she was my helpful one). But in general, in my own experience, it has been like pulling teeth trying to get information out of these people. I do like the new appointment system though!

Is this appointment system now the only way to get an appointment with Ausländeramt?

I fail to get the site loaded at all (I'm on Mac , maybe that's why), and when I log in from a friend's computer the earliest of the appointments are in late January, which is too late for me.

I am an Israeli currently on a regular tourist visa and had been offered full-time employment by German company (three month temp contract + full-time permanent employment if the probation period goes well).

They'd like me on the team ASAP, and while they are willing to wait for the bureaucracy, they, understandably, want to know what is the time frame. And my tourist visa will expire by then, too.

Any way just to arrive early in the morning and try to get an earlier appointment?

Thanks

I used to have a friend here in Berlin that worked for a company that did relocation services for other companies. Maybe you could find someone like that? She used to march passed all the waiting people to take care of her client's visa needs.

Is this appointment system now the only way to get an appointment with Ausländeramt?

Yes.

when I log in from a friend's computer the earliest of the appointments are in late January

Sounds about right. They are backlogged due to the new eAT.

Any way just to arrive early in the morning and try to get an earlier appointment?

They give as many appointments out as possible through the online system, but have a few numbers available for people without appointments. Go early, the numbers are sometimes gone as soon as they open.

I agree, get there early, take a number and wait (bring a book). The first time you go you may also find you need to bring more documents, so you'll probably have to go twice. Once you submit your application they'll give you a Fiktionsbescheinigung which allows you to remain in Germany but not not to work. Getting an accurate time frame as to how long you and your employer have to wait to get an answer, however, is another matter.

Getting an accurate time frame as to how long you and your employer have to wait to get an answer, however, is another matter.

I'm starting to think that it depends on the position; The higher the position (high qualifications and salary), the faster the processing.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents - I actually went in there and waiting 2 hours (no problem, finished my German homework)to ask questions/clarification. Anyway, I was actually able to make an appointment right there and then and the earliest appointment I was able to get was December 8th.

On-line is not the only way, but easier for most people. I am also not sure how backlogged the appointments are either - they said to a friend that it was late January, but that wasn't true, since I was offered early December. A lot of mixed information, but just thought I would put it out there!

Ps I had a very friendly woman who spoke a little English, and smiled! Made my day!

But the fact that you waited two hours just to book an appointment might be the reason they decided to do the online appointment thing in the first place. But of course, talking face to face with a person is almost always beneficial as a non-native speaker! I often do the same at doctor's offices here!

Just to clarify, I waited two hours for information, not for an appointment ;-) I was going to do it on-line, but just was lucky that they offered to do it then and there! Of course being able to book on-line is much easier... but now that I am aware of the potential time difference between booking on-line and in person, I would happily wait the two hours to get something earlier, if my situation was that urgent. Or book on-line as well... if you can ever get a guarentee with time. I don't think you can ever be too prepared for visas in Germany (or share enough of our experiences on TT) :-)