Filing a tax return - help on how to file

3,275 posts in this topic

Hello TTers, 

I received my Abrechnung for 2017 from my Landlady just this year, but I already did the tax clearance for 2017 since last year.

I will like to ask if I can claim the house maitenance cost of the Abrechnung in the tax return for 2018. Thank you. 

Hi All,

I have a question.

Last year I changed job in April without any gap.

My previous job period in 2018 was 01.01.2018-15.04.2018 and my current job period was 16.04.2018-31.12.2018.

My question, how to fill in Anlage Vorsorgeaufwand? Should I just combine my first Lohnsteuerbescheinigung from my previous employer and my current employer manually? For example,  pension contribution you paid (from section 23 of Lohnsteuerbescheinigung, should I combine Lohnsteuerbescheinigung 1 and Lohnsteuerbescheinigung 2 and put it in the ELSTER? There is no option in ELSTER online to add two different pension contribution.

Thanks!

Hello, I have a similar question.

Last year I was:

1.01-25.07 employed with one company

25.07-1.10 unemployed, received unemployment for 1 month

1.10-31.12 employed with another company

How should I fill in the forms, just add the columns from the 4 Lohnsteuer Bescheinigung that I got?

I also changed my tax on 1.10 from 4 to 3 as my wife is no longer working, how to complete the forms, with tax 3 or 4?

Also for the second employer I pay myself the medical insurance total amount, but with the first one it was automatically deducted. Does this make also a difference?

Hello, can anyone provide at least some general guidelines for my situation?

If I changed tax class in October 2018 from 4 to 3 how should I fill in the forms, 4 or 3 or both?

How to fill in for the period I was without income and for the period that I received Arbeitslosengeld?

You should have received 2 lohnsteuerbescheinigung. Fill as it is mentioned on them. Tax class for each of them will be mentioned on them. You can add extra lohnsteuerbescheinigung in elster after the first one. 

For arbeitlosengeld in Hauptvordruck it's on page 3 or 4 under Sozialleistungen I guess. Select arbeitlosengeld from drop down and fill the amount  you received. 

For all the three items you need to mention their period. 

I never used the ELSTER app until now.

I always used the 2013 forms as they are nicely referenced in the wiki. 

Can I also fill the forms for the different Lohnsteuerbescheinigung that I received, and if yes how should I do it?

Multiple forms ?

Ok, then I guess I should install ELSTER or get a Steuerberater. The ELSTER install is free of cost but first I have to apply according to the guide on the WIKI?

Hello, I decided to make an investition and buy the program QuickSteuer 2019.

Until now, the program is pretty neat, as I was able to enter the data from each Lohnsteuerbescheinigung separately, I have 4 of them, 2 for each job, then one for remaining holiday and another for 2 holiday that the company forgot to pay.

But I have a problem, I can't find how to enter that for my second employer, I am paying entirely the KV directly to my insurance, so on the Lohnsteuerbescheinigung for the second employer the value for 25 is 0, as I am getting also the employer contribution and then I pay both the employer and my part directly.

But I guess I should mention that somewhere in the forms to show this.

Any ideas at leas where this should be mentioned in the forms if I am a Selbstzahler for the KV as an Arbeitnehmer?

And another thing, for 2 months I was in a training at a location that was 220 km from my home, for this training I traveled on Monday and returned on Friday, can I claim this as Werbungkosten and how should I mention it, should I mention the 2 month period, but only 8 days x 220 km?

Thanks!

Hi,

I wanna go to the Tax refunding procedure. In the very early step, I would like to know which software is the best?

some people suggested Elster. However, some others told that it is not so good. Do you know what is wrong with Elster and what is your recommendation?

Hi, guys. I desperately need help, as our deadline is approaching. Guilty as charged. I suddenly realised I don't know how to present my earnings in the tax return form. Namely I am working from Germany for a Norwegian company. I have a permanent job and I should pay all the taxes and contributions in Germany. But the thing is I started working in January 2018 and starting paying for the contributions from 20. February. The Jan and Feb contributions were paid in Norway, but I still need to pay the tax for Jan and Feb and the rest of the year. So when I include my earnings for the whole year without these contributions in Jan and Feb, the tax I need to pay is much higher than it should be. What should I do? And which system should I use. I was thinkning of germantaxes.de or steergo. Any help is welcome and highly appriciated, thanks. 

Has anyone received the 'erinnerung an die angabe der steuererklarung' at the same time as the steuerbescheid? I got my tax return already, but got the erinnerung letter (from the old city I used to live in) that's why I'm confused. I already told them that I moved cities before, do I need to clarify with them again via letter that I am not giving taxes and have filed in my current city (berlin)?

I have two doubts:

Can I claim paid registration cost for a kinergarden that we cancelled eventually, as we found a better option? 

Similarly, we paid for the summer daycare but at the end we needed to cancel it (but money was not refundedn as we did it too late) - can this costs be deductible?

Thanks