What did Santa bring?

79 posts in this topic

Santa missed me because I'm too old for him but middle son baked me my very own gluten-free gingerbread house, because i can't eat the ordinary ones. Must be one of the most thoughtful presents I ever received!

Jane58

Christmas came early for me this year and I got whole ski gear with one ski lesson. To put all that to use I also got a week long skiing holiday with my bf in der Schweiz. :)

My best present this year was the renewal of my work contract for another year. I was worried that I'd be out of work when the current contract ended (on Dec 31) because I have been off sick since early July but my boss managed to persuade the powers that be that I am irreplacable and will return to work soon.

On the more materialistic side, my bf got me a pair of silver earrings from Tiffany's that I once mentioned that I liked. I used to tease him about going shopping to Tiffany's, but that he actually went ahead and ordered something for me was totally unexpected :blink:

I got a framed picture of myself, sitting in on the blues harp with John Kirkbride at one of his whiskey tastings. John asked me to sit in without previously hearing me play when his usual harp player, Ferdl Eichner, couldn't make the gig. I played really great, to the astonishment of the people who knew me but also had not heard me, and it was a special moment when John told me that I was a "damned good harp player", which I did know but was glad to hear from a guy who has recorded with the likes of Eric Clapton and Lightning Hopkins.

The S.O. very naughtily and cleverly kept this photo hidden until the Beschwerung. What a wonderful surprise and memory of a special moment!

Finally I got one!

It´s similar to this one, but the text is as follows:

"At long last, we have a sufficient quantity for each of you to have his own.

GUARD IT WELL!

These Tuits have been hard to come by, especially the round ones.

A ROUND TUIT

This is an indispensable item. It will help you to become a much mroe efficient worker.

For years we have heard people say "I`ll do this when I get a round tuit", now that you have a round tuit of your very own many things that have needed to be accomplished will get done."

- Sent from my very best friend, who always knows exactly what I need!

post-28554-13248116325617.jpg

My best present ever made by a friend. She made a doll that looks like me (the tattoos are still missing, she would have needed a photo and it was supposed to be a surprise).

post-111177-13248182644929.jpg

A TomTom XXL. Replaces my five year old Medion from Aldi. I am a happy camper.

I must be a very negative guy because I can remember my crappy presents way better than the good ones. My sister has sent me some good DVD's in the last couple of years though. My mom got me a book last year and that one was also good because I told her which one to buy.

My friends here in Germany seem to think I need sweaters because from this xmas and the 2 before, I have about 6 of them, sitting in a dark corner of my closet, probably feeling ignored and conspiring to turn into a sweater monster and kill me in my sleep.

What´s wrong with the world? A man of my age is supposed to get socks and eau de cologne in his Christmas sock.

I waited and expected in vain..opened the parcels, searched under the tree and even on the tree....disappointed...

( Mind you: the new camera is great!!! ) :)

I got a new keyboard for my Mac, a nice shiny white and silver one to replace the the old turquiose one. Trouble is I'm in England and the mac is in Germany so I can't play with it! :)

Haven't actuyllay bought them yet but I will be buying a new video camera and a Dobson telescope.

My best present was seeing how excited my boyfriend was to open the gifts I sent him. It was nice to see him happy. He was really excited about the clothes and the new SSD harddrive that I got him. Being the computer nerd that he is, he rushed to put it in his computer right away :lol:

swizzel sticks ...i got flippen swizzel sticks :huh: , some cash :lol: and a 3-D puzzle of king ludwigs castle :( and a nice handy with all the gadgets

Best gift: iPhone4!!

Most unusual gift: Hello Kitty Day of the Dead Postcards (pack of 3.)

Most thoughtful gift: penguin card from 6-year-old. She picked it out herself. Also, many last-minute, handwritten notes to "Santa."

Handmade gift: lap pillow with straps to hold open book on my lap.

Educational gift: book, The Early Modern Town in Scotland.

Missing gift: bray harp that was supposed to be finished "at the end of summer!"

A Kindle 3g plus mrs bobbylines organized a UK amazon gift voucher from my mate in England so that i can shop on the UK website :D I got me misses the adele live at the royal albert hall bluray disc (amongst other things ;) )can well recommend brilliant concert but a lot of ffing :o going on,parents beware!

I have my Stormtrooper helmet!...and a price list for the full Stormtrooper body armour.

Oh yes, it will be mine!