Movie recommendations

773 posts in this topic

Well, I have been enjoying the Music and Book Recommendation threads, thought we should have one for movies.

As for me, I would reccomend "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" and "Requiem for a Dream" for those of you who haven't seen them.. And "Shaolin Soccer", which is one of the silliest, stupidiest movie ever :D

Usual Suspects

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sheer class butterbean... so long as nobody spoils the ending for the uninitiated.

The Breakfast Club

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion

Confessions of a Dangerous mind

Bamboozled

Still not seen Der Untergang, all the DVD stores just have the chepo version that doesnt have English subtitles, you have to buy the special edition for that.

Another good German film - Das Wunder von Bern.

Oh and while I am at it, also Shaolin Soccer. Funny as hell.

I was thinking about Das Wunder von Bern and Escape to Victory has just popped in my head, absolute classic.

Ri!

BEst movie in quite a while is "Open hearts"

Saw "Igby" at the weekend... it's ok... I always liked that chic with the teeth in it...forgotten her name now ... she's in "Saving Silverman" too... I definitely emphatised with wanting to kill Susan Sarandon (yeh like that singles me out...)

Then there's pupees russes ... sequel to "L'auberge espagnol"

Some others were saying earlier that "Lucia y el sexo" is great... it is

Still not seen Der Untergang, all the DVD stores just have the chepo version that doesnt have English subtitles, you have to buy the special edition for that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you checked in Hugendubbel on Marienplatz? That's where I got mine, subtitles and all...

I'm actually ordering it off of amazon.de for a friend of mine in the UK...

"The Butterfly Effect" was a very good movie I thought..

It makes you think, after seeing it.. you try to bring the pieces together..

Two more quality films:

Withnail and I

The Italian Job (original)

I've seen The Butterfly Effect - Hated it, mainly cos it has that complete and utter prick Ashton "I'm an absolute Knobstick and only famous cos I'm shagging Demi Moore" Kutcher in it.

Cant decide who I hate more as an actor him or Ben "I'm another Knobstick" Affleck.

@Xargon - :lol: Excellent Film!!

Harold: Did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Kumar: Yes... I think he did.

Harold: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Burger Shack Employee: Ding-dong! May I interject for a second? As a Burger Shack employee for the past three years, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're craving White Castle, the burgers here just don't cut it. In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this motherfucker down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this motherfucker down! Come on, Pookie! Let's burn it, Pookie! Let's burn this motherfucker down! Let's burn it down! Let's burn it! So you guys maybe should just suck it up and go to White Castle.

Kumar: You can always get your work done in the car.

Harold: Let's do it.

Kumar: All right. Awesome. Then listen, listen - no matter what, we are not ending this night without White Castle in our stomachs. Agreed?

Harold: Agreed.

[shakes Kumar's hand then gives him pound]

Burger Shack Employee: Wise choice. You guys might have wanted to stay away from our special sauce tonight. Me and Pookie, we added a secret ingredient. I'll give you a hint. It's semen.

[bursts out laughing]

Harold: [smirks] Semen?

Burger Shack Employee: Animal semen.

Something I saw recently:

Perdita Durango - Completely fucked up and intense Tarantino-esque flick with tons of violence and other disturbing content - Javier Bardem is mind blowing in this.

Standard list of must sees:

The Usual Suspects

O Brother Where Art Thou

Fight Club

Snatch

American History X

Fargo

Trainspotting

Kevin Smith series

American Beauty

Pulp Fiction

Shawshank Redemption

I guess Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas has to be in there too though I didn't like it.

I've seen The Butterfly Effect - Hated it, mainly cos it has that complete and utter prick Ashton "I'm an absolute Knobstick and only famous cos I'm shagging Demi Moore" Kutcher in it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The way you talk dirty makes me so f-ing HOT!!! I want to eat hot chili off you NOW.

You know the number!

XXX

OOO

~Ashton