Cross-country ski tours

2,056 posts in this topic

Informal daytrip to Seefeld this Sunday. They have a 2.5-km trail up in the woods which should survive and an additional 1.5km in the village that may not. Sign-up on this occasion is via the Facebook group.

Here's a map showing many of the Alpine trails we've done in the past.

I've also added a few that we haven't done, imported from Christoph Moder's map.

Click the image to view the full version in Google Maps. Am I missing any?

post-16-14162300895849.gif

Good work. But you've barely started!

Mittenwald-Scharnitz

Scharnitz-Seefeld

Mariastein/Angerberg

Ellmau

Ruhpolding

Reit im Winkl-Seegatterl-Ruhpolding

Balderschwang

Tannheim

Pitztal

Bodenmais (Bayrischer Wald)

Rusel (Bayrischer Wald)

Römerstein (Schwäbische Alb)

Hi all, here a newbie. Any plans to meet up for this season? Is there enough snow yet? Cheers!

When I was a lad we actually got snow in winter. Now though it pisses it down unrelentingly all summer and then as soon as it gets cold enough to snow we get a drought. Starting the season after Christmas doesn't bear thinking about so we'll try and find something, somewhere for Sunday 21. At the moment though the forecast is looking pretty grim for skiers of all persuasions.

Its disappointing. I saw your message on the phone and was quite excited,maybe our first ski trip :( I will be on vacation from 19th so most likely my first ski trip will be end of January.

Same here, I was hoping you had uncovered snow for us in some overlooked valley no one else would think to look...

Since most of us probably kept Sunday free just in case, would anybody be interested in meeting for brunch? We can complain about the weather together, and maybe drown our sorrows with a Glühwein at some nearby Christmas market afterwards. I would suggest meeting at 11. Does anyone have a good recommendation for where to go? I can make a reservation tomorrow.

I've found the snow in the overlooked valley no one else would think to look. Praxmar is open since lunchtime today. It's a two-hour drive from Munich, and they have 15km of blue and red trails. So let's go.

Meeting time is 9 a.m. on Sunday on Donnersbergerbrücke (on the bridge, southbound side). Two hours to Praxmar, ski two hours, have lunch for two hours, ski for another two hours, drive back for two hours. Brings us back at 7 p.m. if I've done my maths right. The trails are a little bit on top of each other but there's still a fair distance to cover and different terrain and scenery. A lot better than the glacier zigzags anyway.

Tour is open to any competent cross-country skier. Transport costs are €18 each with a full bus; six people would cost €25. NO ski hire.

Can't remember what else I normally write, so here's a pretty picture of Praxmar in the spring.

Praxmar Langlauf

post-977-14183985058981.jpg

Lüsens/Praxmar: sign-up list

Meeting point: 9.00 a.m., Sunday 14 December, Donnersbergerbrücke (on the bridge, southbound side)

1. STB

===LIMIT===

Meeting point: 9.00 a.m., Sunday 14 December, Donnersbergerbrücke (on the bridge, southbound side)

1. STB

2. Newinmunichberlin

===LIMIT===

1. STB

2. Newinmunichberlin

3. Natalia

===LIMIT===

1. STB

2. Newinmunichberlin

3. Natalia

4. Editor Bob

===LIMIT===

1. STB

2. Newinmunichberlin

3. Natalia

4. Editor Bob

5. Eva

===LIMIT===

1. STB

2. Newinmunichberlin

3. Natalia

4. Editor Bob

5. Eva

6. nomis

===LIMIT===

1. STB

2. Newinmunichberlin

3. Natalia

4. Editor Bob

5. Eva

6. nomis

7. Eli

===LIMIT===

Sorry! :-( I forgot I have a prior commitment, so have to drop out.

1. STB

2. Newinmunichberlin

3. Natalia

4. Eva

5. nomis

6. Eli

===LIMIT===

1. STB

2. Newinmunichberlin

3. Natalia

4. Eva

5. nomis

6. Eli

7. NewChris

I am envious - I will be grading papers and getting my act together purchasing some new boots.

Have fun.