Cross-country ski tours

2,056 posts in this topic

NOTE: This is the archive thread.

Click to view the current active thread: Cross-country ski tours

===========================================================

Any interest in a cross-country skiing trip this Sunday? 18.Dec.2005

Take the Bayerische Oberland Bahn (BOB) from platform 34 at the Hauptbahnhof at 07:42 hrs.

Arrive Bayerischzell at 9am. Ski up the trail for an hour or two. Lunch and Weißbier at the Greek place, then back and home to Munich in time for afternoon tea and cake.

Sharing a Schönes Wochenend ticket: €30,- split five ways = €5 each.

Skiing is free if you've got your own kit. Otherwise it can be rented in Bayerischzell for €10 for the day (skiis, poles, and boots).

post-16-13587761882351.jpg

Conditions in Bayerischzell currently looking good (although I've not been there myself yet this year):

http://www.voralpen.de/bayrischzell-aktuell.htm

Alle Loipen gespurt

Langlaufen ist in Bayrischzell bei guten Bedingungen möglich. Alle Loipen sind sowohl für Klassik, wie auch Skating gespurt.

Wir wünschen viel Spaß zum Einstieg in den Langlaufwinter

Ooooh, tempting. Not sure what time the sister-in-law arrives. Otherwise, would be into it another weekend.

But I think you can do it cheaper than €30. It only costs €20 for 5 to take the BOB on the weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. €17 for a day.

This does sound tempting. I haven't gone cross-country skiing in years, but I'd like to try it again. A pre-7am wakeup is a bit early for a Sunday (for me), but I'm penciling it in as a definite maybe just the same. Would be interested to see if any others are into it...

Lunch and Weißbier at the Greek place

If you are referring to Zipfelwirt I have sad news for you...they are no longer open...Im not sure if they finally have a new owner but last news I heard (about 2 weeks ago) was that they closed down...Bäckeralm should still be open...they'll never go anywhere :)

It is early, agreed. But snow conditions are better for langlaufing the earlier you go. It's colder in the morning, you see. By afternoon the sun tends to melt the top layer and makes the going sticky and slow - if you're lucky enough to have sunshine, that is. Besides, you can sleep for 75 minutes on the train.

Note that southern-Munich residents can pick up the train at 07:49 hrs from Harras.

€17 for a day BOB ticket? Even better! That makes €3.40 per person if we have five peeps joining.

OK, Can I book places for an international contingent of 1 Brit, 1 Irish and 1 Ruskie please. I'll jump in at Donnersbergerbrücke. the other 2 will meet up at Hbf. PM me with meeting deets and if you have it the time the BOB flys through Donnersbergerbrücke..

Nath

I love xcountry skiing, but can't make it that day, can anyone make it after xmas, like during the weekdays... let me konw< I'm always up for it

oh! would love to go! so many things to do sunday!!! still yet to find out if i have to work-grrrr... so i guess we'll see!

@sob- love to go sometime w/ you! can go in am, but need to be back to work most afternoons-but can take off almost whenever i want (supposedly, but never seems to happen that way)!

Great idea and I'd be up for it, but not on the last Sunday before Christmas. Too many last-minute panicky things to do.

OK. Meet at 7.35am sharp, on the platform. Depending on numbers we can decide there and then how many tickets are needed. Tix can be bought right there, by the train.

So far we have five definites - Davo, Stranger +2, plus myself.

One maybe: mere

The last cross-country ski trip was good. Six of us went to Bayerischzell.

Next trip:

Date: Sunday 8th January 2006

Destination: Lenggries - see current trail conditions and full trail map

Meet: 7.50am at the Hauptbahnhof, platform 34

Train leaves: Hbhf 8.02am - Donnersbergerbrücke 8.05am, Harras 8.09am, Solln 8.13am

Train arrives: 9.08am

Current conditions are "good" with over 51Km of trails prepared. Here's the webcam view from a few moments ago:

post-16-1136285964_thumb.jpg

Rail tickets cost something like €25 for a group of five. We'll split the cost accordingly on the morning.

Bring your own x-country skiis or hire them at Lenggries - they cost around €11 for the day.

Post here if you'll be joining us.

Forecast: Yahoo! Weather - Lenggries

You have to change trains to get to Oberammergau, so you can't sleep the whole way. And last time I went it was a bus from Murnau, so if that's still the arrangement than it makes it even harder to sleep.

I went down there last year for a spot of X-C and guess what, I didn't check beforehand and it was the day of the KL Lauf. Doh. Had a great time standing around in the sun watching everyone else do the work.

There is a Train Change in Murnau, But the RB goes directly to Oberammergau Bahnhof.