"Justin" I found your wallet

50 posts in this topic

I wish I could green you and green you and green you and green you and green you...

But you will be rightfully greened.

I have to agree. Holding the wallet is making it less likely it gets returned to the owner. If I loose my articles I contact the police not a random internet forum that chances are he may never have even heard of.

if it were lost by a UK citizen I'd hand/send it to the UK embassy as they'd send it back via the driving license (UK license has address on it anyway).

Not sure what the USA does...

The wallet definitely needs to be handed over to the police!

If the owner is only here on holiday for a week or three, there is very little chance that they will have ever heard of TT, let alone actually read the thousands of posts here!

Sure, it´s possible that a tter might actually know this person, but I think it´s best to follow the usual route for such things and hand it in at the police station, as that is the first place I would go if I love my purse.

Well done for finding it and wanting to get it back to it´s rightful owner mmueller!

I think you're actually required to hand it over to the police. Fundrecht

Zwischen dem Verlierer (das Gesetz spricht genauer vom Empfangsberechtigten) und dem Finder entsteht ein gesetzliches Schuldverhältnis. Dieses verpflichtet den Finder dazu, den Fund dem Empfangsberechtigten anzuzeigen. Kennt er diesen nicht, hat er bei einem Wert von mehr als 10 Euro den Fund bei der zuständigen Behörde anzuzeigen. Er ist weiter verpflichtet, die Fundsache dem Empfangsberechtigten abzuliefern. Kennt er ihn nicht, kann er die Sache entweder der zuständigen Behörde abliefern oder sie verwahren.

Agreed, no green points for this, bring it to the police, he's probably "angemeldet" and they can track him down. Meanwhile, if he actually reads TT, he can still contact you and find out where to go to get it.

I found a wallet about a year ago & checked the ID. A German lady on my block. I rang her bell and gave it to her, to her stupefaction. The next day I found a bouquet of flowers in front of my door.

I saw pat on back to the OP - they have put more effort into contacting this guy then just about anyone I know would.

Yeah bit com'on it was a pretty weak mob lynch by Toytown standards.

Oh yeah greenie for the OP.

Hater-hater's gonna hate-hate.