Packstation - automated parcel collection points

178 posts in this topic

Like snowingagain I occasionally miss the postman and packages end up in the packstation.

I have never needed to sign-up for the packstation service. I have never had a plastic DHL customer card and I have never needed an mTAN:

You should have received a letter/card telling you the item is at the packstation. Take that to the packstation.

When you arrive at the packstation touch the screen to wake the machine up.

In the bottom corner of the screen there's a British flag. Touch that and the machine should switch to English language.

I forget which order this happens but the machine will guide you in English...

You will need to type in your name using the touchscreen keyboard.

The letter/card DHL left for you has a barcode - the machine will want to scan that.

You will need to sign your name - using your finger on the touchscreen.

1. You do not need to be a registerd user of Packstation to pick-up a rerouted package due to you not being home.

2. Goto the Packstation listed on the delivery card.

3. On the touchscreen, select the English language button

4. Select Pick-up package / Non-Registered User

5. Scanner activates, Scan the slip/card DHL left in your mailbox with the bar-code

6. Packstation door pops open.

7. Remove your shipment

8. Close box.

9. Walk away

10. Enjoy your new item..Couldn't be any simpler..

You will need to type in your name using the touchscreen keyboard.

You will need to sign your name - using your finger on the touchscreen.

Never seen those options and I've been a Registered user since its release.

(Neither for packages sent directly to PS or ones rerouted due to not being home)

I've had plenty of re-routed packages to collect at a Packstation - it's pretty much as DK describes, except for most (but not all) you do need to enter your name on the keyboard and sign with your finger on the touchscreen - it depends if the shipping method requires a signature for proof of delivery - not all do. If you are a registered packstation user (which I am) you can use the card to identify yourself, but it's not a pre-requisite to collect a parcel, so long as you have the original advice-of-attempted-delivery card.

You also don't need your Packstation Card, as long as you know your account # and have an MTAN your golden.

My plastic card fell apart long ago...

Thank-you one and all....I was able to get the packet. Followed the same set of instructions...that was easy... Seems I was little jumpy the last time, I visited the pack-station. :) ...thanks once again...

Hi,

I registered to paket.de about a year ago, but I didn't receive any Goldcard. Some people here posted that actually you don't need you physical card, but only the number (and the mTan, of course). I have my "Ihre persönliche PostNummer" which you can find in paket.de -> Meine Startzeite -> botton, an 8 digit number. Is that number the same as the Goldcard number? Would that do? Mind that I actually never had any Goldcard, and I do not know whether you need to give proof of identification to receive/activate the card.

Regards

On 2/24/2014, 8:26:21, Darkknight said:

You also don't need your Packstation Card, as long as you know your account # and have an MTAN your golden.

My plastic card fell apart long ago...

Can anyone confirm or deny this works?

I sent my husband to fetch my packages a few days ago and between then and arriving at the Packstation, he lost my card. I have my package number and the mTan of course, but when I called the service hotline they said there is no way to fetch my items, they can't be rerouted, etc. There was no mention that I could access my packages without having the card (I even called twice and lucky me, I got the same person twice!).

I believe it's not possible anymore because of fraud. The post you quoted is from 2014.

Tell DHL you lost your card and need a new one. If you are very lucky it will arrive before the packet returns to the sender.

Just now, sneaker said:

I believe it's not possible anymore because of fraud. The post you quoted is from 2014.

Contact DHL so that the card got lost and you need a new one. If you are very lucky it will arrive before the packet returns to the sender.

Indeed, now you get an SMS with the MTAN. It is always a new one for every package and you cannot collect it without both the card and the MTAN.

1 hour ago, sneaker said:

...The post you quoted is from 2014.

No, really? <_< That's why I asked if it was (still) possible. 

I passed by one and saw on the screen that it's no longer possible.  I've ordered a new card, but it could take 2-4 weeks to get delivered. Can't believe I went 10 years without losing it.  I got my packages an extension. Let's hope it's enough. Thanks for the updated info.

4 minutes ago, Elfenstar said:

No, really? <_< That's why I asked if it was (still) possible. 

I passed by one and saw on the screen that it's no longer possible.  I've ordered a new card, but it could take 2-4 weeks to get delivered. Can't believe I went 10 years without losing it.  I got my packages an extension. Let's hope it's enough. Thanks for the updated info.

You didn't lose the card your husband did ;)

On 6/19/2017, 6:25:42, Anna66 said:

You didn't lose the card your husband did ;)

It it has been one humongous pain in the a*s losing this Packstation card! 

So after ordering a new one, I found out it could take 2-4 weeks to get a new one, so I called the hotline again to say they should just remove the extension because well, it won't make a difference. And the f*cking cow on the line said "you can't just extend and remove it whenever you want, you need to make up your mind", to which I kindly spit back that it was her colleague who extended it and then told me to go logon to my account to order a new one (and not telling me how long it could take), which by then the package would have already been sent back. I told her how dissatisfied I was with the service hotline and the poor advice I was given and she said "well, that's life" (in German of course), then hung up on me!

Hey, @Elfenstar, if it's the Packstation near the Lange Roetterstrasse post office, just go inside and ask them to have their delivery guy pull your packages. They did it for me when I lost my card once. BTW, I found the card four years later in shards in my washing machine filter!

Trying to create an account online but I keep getting a password error message. I already have an DHL account are they not connected?

I order a ton of stuff online and I want the neighbors to stop taking my packages. the delivery guy won't even ring our bell anymore. 

On 2/14/2019, 3:02:00, malcolmpow said:

When i signed up i remember getting posted out some paper with a password on that,

got the letter but no luck getting a box, instead when I get an email I just ask to send it to the local post office