Packstation - automated parcel collection points

189 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DaveG said:

I found this thread via google so posting here on the off chance that somebody might know if packages sent from the Netherland to Germany can be delivered to Packstations?

I don't see why not as you long as you address it correctly and the sender uses the ordinary postal service as opposed to another carrier such as GLS, UPS, DPD etc

We've received stuff sent from the UK to German DHL Packstations without any issues.

10 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

I don't see why not as you long as you address it correctly and the sender uses the ordinary postal service as opposed to another carrier such as GLS, UPS, DPD etc

We've received stuff sent from the UK to German DHL Packstations without any issues.

Great, thanks. I actually saw some old posts up-thread saying that packages shipped from the UK using Royal Mail usually end up with GLS and can't be delivered, maybe things have changed since then. I'm not ordering particulary high-value items so I suppose it's worth a try.

2 hours ago, DaveG said:

I actually saw some old posts up-thread saying that packages shipped from the UK using Royal Mail usually end up with GLS and can't be delivered, maybe things have changed since then.

I always checked with the sender beforehand to make sure they used Royal Mail. We've never had one that was transferred to GLS. Not sure if there are precise rules about stuff coming in internationally and who (carrier wise) gets what. For it to end up in the Packstation, it must come via a service not requiring a signature. Otherwise it may be diverted to a DHL packet shop. The same thing happens if the Packstation is full. :)

9 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

I always checked with the sender beforehand to make sure they used Royal Mail. We've never had one that was transferred to GLS. Not sure if there are precise rules about stuff coming in internationally and who (carrier wise) gets what. For it to end up in the Packstation, it must come via a service not requiring a signature. Otherwise it may be diverted to a DHL packet shop. The same thing happens if the Packstation is full. :)

Yeah I've had a few things get diverted to the local(ish) Postbank when the Packstation was full, it's a little incovenient because it's a bit out of the way and often has long queues, but also not the end of the world.

The vendor confirmed they ship using the standard Dutch postal service, if packages sent overseas with Royal Mail make it to the Packstation okay then I'm going to assume something sent over land from the Netherlands shouldn't be a problem.

1 hour ago, DaveG said:

Yeah I've had a few things get diverted to the local(ish) Postbank when the Packstation was full, it's a little incovenient because it's a bit out of the way

A couple of times we had stuff (sent within Germany) diverted to another village entirely. Since we didn't have a car, we did not pick it upon principal. The whole purpose of the Packstation is to make things more convenient. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, lunaCH said:

A couple of times we had stuff (sent within Germany) diverted to another village entirely. Since we didn't have a car, we did not pick it upon principal. The whole purpose of the Packstation is to make things more convenient. :rolleyes:

Showed them!

On 22/06/2020, 12:28:01, DaveG said:

packages are sent through the "standard postal service", which presumably means it would arrive via Deutsche Post.

The Packstation service is a great idea but so far I've only ever used it with vendors who specifically list Packstations as a delivery option.

Did you receive your order? :unsure:

On 23/06/2020, 08:50:14, BobbyDigital said:

Showed them!

Indeed. One of the sellers was hacked off, but not our problem, they had to take it up with DHL as it was the DHL driver's fault for dumping it in a Filiale in a village we'd never been to nor knew how to get to. ;)

On 7/6/2020, 4:08:37, lunaCH said:

Did you receive your order? :unsure:

To be honest, I was still a bit unsure about whether to place the order, so I dithered for a while and kind of forgot about it... I think it's probably still sitting in my basket.

32 minutes ago, DaveG said:

To be honest, I was still a bit unsure about whether to place the order, so I dithered for a while and kind of forgot about it... I think it's probably still sitting in my basket.

Check. The price may have dropped. B)