Meeting English-speaking people in Wurzburg

37 posts in this topic

Hey,

thanks for getting back! According the TT map feature there are 7. There might be many more that haven't updated their location.

I know of at least 2 former army buddies, and about 4 more that I have bumped into. I also know of about 5 that are just here. :-) I might get some of them interested in a meetup. :-)

CU!

Greg

Hey there,

Moved into Wuerzburg recently. In case anybody would like to go for a drink someday, let me know.

New faces are always welcome at the English Stammtisch on Fridays at the Sportgaststätte Zur Feggrube (in the Sanderau, near the S Oliver arena). This evening there should be a good crowd of us there from about 8ish I think - come along if you don't already have plans!

Hey y'all,

it just so happens that this Friday is unallocated, at least that is what my calender is telling me. Was thinking of doin' the above. Any takers?

Hi everyone,

I'm in Würzburg from July 2014, I work in Schweinfurt and live in Würzburg.

I've been wondering if there are any expat nights out when people actually meet up for a drink?

And also, by chance, any hobby ice-skaters? So far all my attempts to find an ice-skater buddy were in vain :(

Its very quite in wurzburg. me and my wife live here and i know a few others around all former military that decicded to stay

Hi All,

Just wondering if you guys are still in Wue?

I grew up there but lived in Michigan for the last 12 years.

Now my ex and kids are moving back to Wuerzburg this summer, so I will spend a lot of time there as well.

Would love to meet some of you guys, so I won't forget English :-)

hi,

My husband just found a job in Wuerzburg and we will be joining him in 2 - 3 months time. My 3.5 year old boy only speaks english & am wondering if there are playgroups to meet? Any suggestions? Am kind of apprehensive about life in Wuerzburg. Have never been there and dont know what to expect. We lived in Freiburg for 7 years and yes, i love the sunshine there.

There used to be lots of playgroups when my kids were toddlers 15 years ago. But at 3.5 years he would already be old enough for a kindergarten. Why not enroll him there. There is probably no better way for him to pick up German. Also be aware the VHS has some offers for parents and toddlers where he might be able to make friends.

Thanks, Jeba, for your help. Would the kindergarten take in the kid at the middle of the school term? In Freiburg, the new intake was only in september. thanks for sharing. Hope it'll turn out ok in the kindergarten. Here in Singapore, we have parent meet ups for kids up till school age (or even beyond if you're keen enough to join)...am wondering if there's something of the same kind over in Wuerzburg.

Would the kindergarten take in the kid at the middle of the school term? Here in Singapore, we have parent meet ups for kids up till school age (or even beyond if you're keen enough to join)...am wondering if there's something of the same kind over in Wuerzburg.

I don´t know. I guess yes - provided they have space.

Here in Singapore, we have parent meet ups for kids up till school age (or even beyond if you're keen enough to join)...am wondering if there's something of the same kind over in Wuerzburg.

I´m not aware of such meet-ups for kids at Kindergarten age. There will probably not be enough demand for it. I know that in Schweinfurt the Jugendamt offered some open playgroup meetings for toddlers (parents didn´t have to stay, but could if they wanted to) without strict age restrictions. I don´t know about Würzburg - why not simply give the Jugendamt a call to find out?

If anyone is looking for an English language meet up for kids, you can join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/EnglishSpeakingFamiliesWue/ - we usually meet on Monday afternoons in Sanderau. Most of the kids at our regular playgroup are under 5, but parents of older children are welcome to join too and find other English speaking families.

Hey guys. I m Mike. I live in Wuerzburg for 2,5 years and I would love to meet some english speaking people. Is this thread still active ?