World Cup 2018 goes to Russia

677 posts in this topic

Just a joke, Hazza!

To keep it serious, I heard that the US bid failed because while all 12 of the proposed stadiums are already built and in operation today, 11 will have collapsed by 2022 due to shotty construction, with the sole survivor still up only due to the reality show Who Wants to Salvage an Ounce of Respect?

Really so you think that the New Meadowlands Stadium in NJ and Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington are not worthy in construction? You must be joking!

Yeah the giant TV that got hit by kickoffs was a stroke of Jerry Jones brilliant.

Nothing about the Cowboys is worthy of anything, as they have done well in proving this year.

if England had won with the bid...I don't think we would have been hearing about the corruption...which we all know takes place...just because they lost out the system stinks...ever heard of being gracious in defeat...

read earlier about the debt germany was saddled with after hosting 2006 world cup...did England really need that extra debt...especially when one of the things not to admire about English football is the level of debt supporting it..

I don't see too many people complaining about Middle Eastern tycoons purchasing English clubs and stacking them full of overseas players in bid to wins trophies...

Yeah the giant TV that got hit by kickoffs was a stroke of Jerry Jones brilliant.

Nothing about the Cowboys is worthy of anything, as they have done well in proving this year.

lilplatinum, the stadium is worthy of WC venues, no problem..

Unfortunately, I'm sure FIFA would find a way of arranging the draw so this could never happen.

Yeh, but what if they meet in the finals? :)

Instead of spending all that money. time and effort on a bid why don't England spend it on training up a team that can even win a game let alone a tournament. Reading about the UK royalty, celebs and polyparrot politicians over there in Zurich grovelling for votes is enough to make me puck my guts up.

I don't see too many people complaining about Middle Eastern tycoons purchasing English clubs and stacking them full of overseas players in bid to wins trophies...

Seriously? You gotta be joking, right? You've clearly only been speaking to Citeh fans.

Instead of spending all that money on a bid why don't England spend it on training up a team that can even win a game let alone a tournament.

Well bloody said.

...What about the practicalities of playing in 40°+ temperatures?

EDIT: I must say, I haven't seen their bid, but if it had some sort of Mr Burns blocking out of the sun plan, then I'll retract that...

i think i read in spiegel online that they will cool the stadiums down to 27°C. also, have you seen qatar's bid?

A 420,000 square foot media facade? And that's supposed to be green? Hardly likely to be given to a developing country as well, nor is the one shaped like a boat, the one shaped like a seashell, or the one that's part of a larger sports complex. Out of control spending.

Perhaps it's Puten's little joke? After buying the WC for Russia he thought it would be a giggle to have the one after in Qatar just to show how much power he has?

well if I needed back up about Qatar...here it is...don't think anybody can argue with this...apologies pleasse everybody...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/4421048/Former-NZ-coach-backs-Qatar-as-hosts

Apologise for what?

The New Zealand football coach thinks it will be a good thing and that's what you consider to be noteworthy? :blink:

and even he said . .

Even if you kick off at 10pm you are going to be playing in temperatures of 30 plus. It's something players have to get used to, because the Middle East at that time of the year can be particularly uncomfortable.''

On another note, you just made me feel really bad by saying you are a City fan. :(

All the jibes I could handle but not that.

ha ha...I thought it was quite funny the ex NZ coach thought it would be good...he's English by the way...

Qatar, alcohol free?

alcohol is available in Qatar! It is available in the Hotels, resteraunts, and nightclubs

True, had some lovely beers in the pool of the Interconti after work back before GW2 kicked off,

however what is not available is ... Bacon.

But they do do an adequate substitute called 'beef bacon', I kid you not...

It's def. too hot to be running round playing footie though, unless they build some indoor stadiums,

which knowing the Qataris is quite likely.

[Edit: oh, just seen the Q bid , perhaps I should've done that before posting the above sentence:]

bacon is a problem...but am pretty sure FIFA would have addressed the bacon issue and I am quite sure the same as alcohol there will be designated bacon eating areas.

If the rest of the world can't freely eat and drink and dress the way they want in a particular country, that country should not even be mentioned as a possible host for the WORLD Cup. Muslims can go to any other country in the world and not eat bacon. But if the reverse isn't the case, that's simply wrong.

The decisions for booth Russia and Qatar are unadulterated travesties as future hosts of the WC.

Qatar has natural gas not oil.

Oh really?

Industries:

liquefied natural gas, crude oil production and refining, ammonia, fertilizers, petrochemicals, steel reinforcing bars, cement, commercial ship repair

Oil - production:

1.213 million bbl/day (2009 est.)

Source

well if I needed back up about Qatar...here it is...don't think anybody can argue with this...apologies pleasse everybody...

Yes, I'll ignore the fact that women in the country have marginal rights, and that gays are openly discriminated against. I mean, I'll ignore the fact that I could be whipped there just for being gay, simply because you think I should support a Middle Eastern country finally being allowed to host the WC. I'm sure Qatar is just SO open to hosting this tournament that, for the time being, they will be lax on their discriminatory laws and even allow Israel to take part (even though they do not recognize them as a nation). I guess, since I'm just supposed to ignore this all, that I owe you an apology for openly opposing Qatar as the host. I mean, after all, unity in sports is much more important than basic human rights, right? :)