World Cup 2018 goes to Russia

659 posts in this topic

Seems like the voting process here is about as fair as the Eurovision Song Contest.

Maybe next time we should send Arthur Daley and not three Tory boys. Cameron, Windsor and Coe.

Catarrh always does...

Seriously though, Qatar? Top Seed in Group A in 2022 is FUCKING QATAR?!? I'm backing the Faroe Islands' bid to host the world cup in 2026.

Seriously though, Qatar? Top Seed in Group A in 2022 is FUCKING QATAR?!? I'm backing the Faroe Islands' bid to host the world cup in 2026.

A proud record of did not qualify. Ever.

This is like , fuck you we can do what we want, from Fifa.

It's supposed to be the people's game. It should be taken back.

The way we played last World Cup, I wouldn't have given it to us either.. but not a complete loss as we're hosting the Olympics!

The average maximum temperature in Qatar is 46°C in July and 44°C in August.

Will any players survive this tournament?

This is like , fuck you we can do what we want, from Fifa.

Or this is FIFA's way of saying this is the WORLD cup and it should not revolve around the main footballing nations as people seem to think it should.

From what I've seen of the Qatar bid, it was pretty damn good and well deserved.

The average maximum temperature in Qatar is 46°C in July and 44°C in August.Will any players survive this tournament?

And the English team complained about the temperatures at the 2006 WM in Germany B)

I don't care about Qatar's "strength of bid" - that's just the method they use of begging and pleading. What about the practicalities of playing in 40°+ temperatures?

EDIT: I must say, I haven't seen their bid, but if it had some sort of Mr Burns blocking out of the sun plan, then I'll retract that...

Quite right MJ. A country of 840,926 really needs a world cup.

Don't be a D-Bag, how about the WC and its fans needs to include the smaller footballing nations and stop being elitist.