Avoid standing orders and direct-debit billing

94 posts in this topic

After I personally gave the 2 letters to the gym it seems the direct debt have been stopped !

Thanks !

7 hours ago, Sidra Khan said:

I am facing the same problem. 

You do know that you can reverse debit orders within 6 weeks (no questions asked), don´t you?

On 05/04/2022, 05:13:04, jeba said:

You do know that you can reverse debit orders within 6 weeks (no questions asked), don´t you?

Actually, I wasn't much informed about the fitness-studio system in Germany. Thank you for the information, this will actually help me right now.  

19 minutes ago, Sidra Khan said:

Actually, I wasn't much informed about the fitness-studio system in Germany. Thank you for the information, this will actually help me right now.  

It has nothing to do with fitness studios specifically.  It 's a regulatory requirement for all direct debit orders.

On 29/05/2022, 09:02:29, jeba said:

It has nothing to do with fitness studios specifically.  It 's a regulatory requirement for all direct debit orders.

Hello, I have reversed the direct debit orders and got my amount back. Now,the issue is they sent me a notice "Leider ist Ihr Mitgliedsbeitrag zum wiederholten Male zurückgebucht worden. Wir werden den offenen
Betrag einschl. der angefallenen Gebühren in Kürze noch einmal von Ihrem Konto einziehen.
Sollte dieser Einzug ohne Rückmeldung Ihrerseits erneut zurückgebucht werden, werden wir weitere Schritte einleiten."  What should I do in this situation?

3 minutes ago, Sidra Khan said:

What should I do in this situation?

Depends on whether you really owe them. IF you're sure you don't (big IF), you can reverse the charge again. Be aware though that this will incur quite high fees for them (my bank charges €15), which they'll charge you on top of your contributions if their charges are legitimate. If it's not too late already, you could cancel their authority to charge your account by debit order to avoid those fees.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

Depends on whether you really owe them. IF you're sure you don't (big IF), you can reverse the charge again. Be aware though that this will incur quite high fees for them (my bank charges €15), which they'll charge you on top of your contributions if their charges are legitimate. If it's not too late already, you could cancel their authority to charge your account by debit order to avoid those fees.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

2 hours ago, jeba said:

On 29/05/2022, 09:02:29, jeba said:

Hello, I have reversed the direct debit orders and got my amount back. Now,the issue is they sent me a notice "Leider ist Ihr Mitgliedsbeitrag zum wiederholten Male zurückgebucht worden. Wir werden den offenen
Betrag einschl. der angefallenen Gebühren in Kürze noch einmal von Ihrem Konto einziehen.
Sollte dieser Einzug ohne Rückmeldung Ihrerseits erneut zurückgebucht werden, werden wir weitere Schritte einleiten."  What should I do in this situation? 

I have already deregistered and cancelled my contract ,despite of the cancellation they are charging fees from my account . I am not using their services anymore. What can I do? How can I stop this? I already had a word with them, but, it is of no use.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

I have already deregistered and cancelled my contract ,despite of the cancellation they are charging fees from my account . I am not using their services anymore. What can I do? How can I stop this? I already had a word with them, but, it is of no use.

7 minutes ago, Sidra Khan said:

It depends on their ToC, but typically your contract is canceled 3 months after theiy receive the notice (some paragraph in the BGB). There is no immediate cancellation unless their policy allows for that (like Amazon Prime service).

So, unless you are leaving the country shortly, don't cancel the direct debit, you owe them. If you are leaving for good, fuck them but remember the debt will be waiting for you should you return (to reside, not to visit) within the next 10 years. 

8 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

It depends on their ToC, but typically your contract is canceled 3 months after theiy receive the notice (some paragraph in the BGB). There is no immediate cancellation unless their policy allows for that (like Amazon Prime service).

So, unless you are leaving the country shortly, don't cancel the direct debit, you owe them. If you are leaving for good, fuck them but remember the debt will be waiting for you should you return (to reside, not to visit) within the next 10 years. 

So,does it mean that the amount keeps piling up until the contract date expires?

34 minutes ago, Sidra Khan said:

So,does it mean that the amount keeps piling up until the contract date expires?

Yes. You should only reverse the standing order if they made a mistake.

Do you have a confirmation letter that they received your cancellation? This letter typically specifies the contract expiration date. 

7 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Yes. You should only reverse the standing order if they made a mistake.

Do you have a confirmation letter that they received your cancellation? This letter typically specifies the contract expiration date. 

Yes, through e-mail they have officially acknowledged the cancellation and I have the proof.

7 minutes ago, Sidra Khan said:

Yes, through e-mail they have officially acknowledged the cancellation and I have the proof.

"wir haben mit Bedauern Deine Kündigung am 14.03.2022 erhalten und bestätigen Deinen
Austritt, gemäß Deinem Vertrag, zum 13.11.2022.
Wir bedauern sehr, dass Du unser vielfältiges Angebot nicht mehr nutzen möchtest.
Können wir etwas für Dich tun?
Vielleicht Deine Mitgliedschaft verändern?
Gerne stehen wir Dir für ein persönliches Gespräch zur Verfügung.
Vorab möchten wir uns für das uns entgegengebrachte Vertrauen während Deiner
Mitgliedschaft bedanken und hoffen, dass Du in der noch verbleibenden Zeit Gebrauch
von Deiner Mitgliedschaft machst.
Für Deine weitere persönliche Zukunft wünschen wir Dir Glück und Gesundheit. Vielleicht
können wir Dich zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt wieder bei uns begrüßen, wir würden uns sehr freuen.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,,

I hate Germany for this. When I lived there I learned fast to avoid subscription contracts as a plague. Some people cancel the contract the moment they sign for it, this is smart. 

They will charge you until 13.11.2022, and unfortunately, they are allowed to do this. 

Germany is very customer unfriendly. 

30 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I hate Germany for this. When I lived there I learned fast to avoid subscription contracts as a plague. Some people cancel the contract the moment they sign for it, this is smart. 

They will charge you until 13.11.2022, and unfortunately, they are allowed to do this. 

Germany is very customer unfriendly. 😔☹️Dont' I have any other alternative?

Just now, Sidra Khan said:
32 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

1 minute ago, Sidra Khan said:
33 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Dont' I have any other options? 😔☹️

Depends on when are you planning to leave. If never, just pay up, it does not worth it.

The alternative is to stop paying and empty your bank account so that future direct debits will not work. What happens next is they will keep sending payments reminders up until the total sum reaches some significant amount (500 euro I think, but not sure). Then they will transfer the debt to the Inkasso company, and this is where things get serious (search for Inkasso on this forum). At that moment you do not want to be living in the country. 

This will all take time, also for you to think.

21 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Depends on when are you planning to leave. If never, just pay up, it does not worth it.

The alternative is to stop paying and empty your bank account so that future direct debits will not work. What happens next is they will keep sending payments reminders up until the total sum reaches some significant amount (500 euro I think, but not sure). Then they will transfer the debt to the Inkasso company, and this is where things get serious (search for Inkasso on this forum). At that moment you do not want to be living in the country. 

This will all take time, also for you to think.

So, it is better to straightly pay right? Thank you! I have gone through the inkasso post and after reading the post it straightly terrifies me. 

58 minutes ago, Sidra Khan said:

So, it is better to straightly pay right? Thank you! I have gone through the inkasso post and after reading the post it straightly terrifies me. 

Yes, I am planning to leave Germany after completion of my dual ausbildung nursing studies,but not so early.