Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

City tower block being demolished/refurbished

5 posts in this topic

As I've passed by the last few weeks they've been preparing the old tower here for something, and I'm increasingly sure it's going to be demolished. Has anyone read anything in the local rags about this? The building is sort of between Gartnerplatz and the city centre. Google maps gives me this link but it looks a bit odd and I'm on my phone so can't check it.

Müllerstraße 7, 80469 Munich

http://m.google.de/u/m/QKyjhR

As a fan of exploding things I'd like to go watch if they blow this one up, like the old Agfa tower.

Well, a friend who lives nearby tells me that they will be building Munich's most expensive flat there, sold to some rich Arab or other apparently...

Sorry to disappoint you, nitrophiliac, but it's being refurbished.

Der Umbau des ehemaligen Heizkraftwerkes an der Müllerstraße in ein Büro- und Wohnhaus begeistere deutschlandweit Investoren und Käufer, schwärmt Jörg Scheufele, Chef der Alpha Invest. Mit der Immobilientochter der Landesbank Baden-Württemberg (LBBW) hat das Oberhachinger Unternehmen das 200-Millionen-Euro-Projekt 'The Seven' entwickelt.

Im viergeschossigen Atrium mit dem begrünten Innenhof liegen die Quadratmeterpreise zwischen 7000 und 15000 Euro, im Turm zwischen 8000 und 20000 Euro.

Besonders schnell weg vom Markt waren die drei obersten Etagen im Turm. Das sogenannte Royal-Loft über zwei Stockwerke ist zweifelsfrei die höchste Wohnung in der Innenstadt und verfügt über einen überwältigenden Rundumblick. Es ist wohl auch die wertvollste Wohnung der Stadt. Der Kaufpreis für den grandiosen Ort dürfte bei gut 14 Millionen Euro liegen. Ein Münchner Unternehmer hat hier sofort zugeschlagen.

They are making it into offices and apartments; the three top floors are the most expensive; the Royal Loft comprises two floors and is fully glassed, offering a 360° view of the city and surroundings.

Gutted.I was in Hugel Dubbel the other day and saw a book about this building.Out the back was a WW2 Luftschutzbunker.I went to have a butchers yesterday and instead just found a very big hole where the bunker had been. Curses!