Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Entertainment and nightlife in Frankfurt

8 posts in this topic

Hello all! So it looks like you guys will be rid of me for a few months as I am assigned to a job in Frankfurt (Main) from Aug to midNov. Don't worry I'll be home on the weekends to continue tormenting TT. hehe.

Anyway, anyone else happen to be in or around Frankfurt during the same time frame?

Alternatively, anyone know any cool restuarants/bars/clubs there? Or perhaps, interesting sight-seeing?

I'll be working in the banking district and my hotel is fairly close by as well (in case that helps narrow the search).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sure.. For a great view of the local area and beyond go to the Observation deck of

the Main Tower on a good clear day. You can see all around for up to 200km...

I Think it'll cost ya around 6 EUR..

If movies are your thing then head on over to the English cinema.(Only one in

FRA). Take a 5 min walk north from Hauptwache towards the little tower in the

middle of the road (Eschenheimmer Tor), the movies will be on the Right side ya

can't miss it...

That will get ya started, PM me if you have any more ?'s

Ignore the stereotypes, Frankfurt is truly an amazing city - lots of cool international clubs, cafes, trendy shops & restaurants and my favorite, the people here are very down-to-earth (no Munich schickey-mickey). Plus, summer in Frankfurt is fantastic - plenty of life ... and beach club bars along the Main river!

Main-Ufer-Fest

Laternenfest in Bad Homburg

Abbelwoi and Handkäs' mit Muzik

Lots of cool, gay-friendly places in Nordend, cool chilling around Sachsenhausen (I've lived there and in Bad Homburg)

Great burgers at NYC

Probably the best sushi in Germany (stuff comes straight off the plane)

alrighty. i'm in Frankfurt. have been for two weeks now and can say that this part of the city sucks. maybe i'm just in the wrong area. can't wait to get back home.

first night in town, while walking to our hotel, a pro approaches me and my male colleague and tells him that if we are interested, she would let me watch while the two of them had sex!

Ah.. Sounds like KaiserStrasse... (Red light District) :D

Deff. don't want to be in that area and night...

Get yourself down to Alt Sachsenhausen. There are lots of nice little pubs and restaurants on Kliene Rittergasse, Grosse Rittergasse and Klappergasse. There are 3 Irish pubs there, The Anglo Irish (popular with expats), the An Sibhin (lots of live music nights) and O'Dwyers (popular with americans). Most of the ex pats hang out in this area. When going home, just get a taxi directly to your hotel, don't walk around the HBf late at night, especially if you are alone.

ugh. Frankfurt. Have spent way too much time there. Try the ArabellaSheraton for delicious sushi and really really good vanilla ice cream that they wrap in dough and fry.