Pick-up basketball games

23 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there's any place in Munich or suburbs that plays pick up basketball YMCA style, where you dont have to be a member or competitive player.

THANKS

Just arrived in Munich. Does anyone know of a park, or a court where there are pickup games? But then again all these Germans are damn tall...

Or maybe information about joining a basketball club or soccer club? I was thinking maybe through the University, but dont know where to begin.

Thanks,

Greg

Topics merged by admin

I also moved to Munich recently and would really like to play some ball, cause I am quickly getting out of shape with all this beer and sausages :angry:

Are there any groups I could join?

well i know of a few courts around munich, perhaps we can hook something up between us.

can you guys make a lay-up?

i m up for that , should be a good . need to do something other than drink and eat :)

I am a member of a club (FC Bayern) regularly playing basketball on hobby level in the fourth team. We are playing in a league, but training and playing is just for fun. Training hours are Tuesdays at 8 pm till 9:30 at a school-gym in Cincinnatistraße, entrance General Kalb Weg.

Afterwards we usually have a small beer in front of the gym, so fun definitely is the driving motivation.

If you feel like it: just show up and play with us. If you like it and you fit our team (a bit of basketball experience is required) you can participate.

well i know of a few courts around munich, perhaps we can hook something up between us.

can you guys make a lay-up?

Well, I can make a lay-up, or a free throw. Not sure about 3-pointers anymore :( and I am terribly out of shape... but some 10 years I played on my university team, so it shouldn't be too bad ;)

Suggest to connect by e-mail.

well that makes us equal, im too out of shape, but i can still make a lay-up.

Played National League in the U.k for a couple years, also for university.

Lets hook something up.

Hey guys -

There are some really nice courts near Rosenheimer Platz, kind of behind an apartment building where we have had some good outdoor runs. However, since the time to play outdoors seems to be drawing to an end, I would definitely be interested in a gym game if you manage to put one together. Thx.

I'm still reminding you of my FC Bayern offer. Taking part in the training does not demand to play the league, even if we need more players. Training means playing, so there are no systems, no fitness tests or technical trainings etc. Half of the guys are already older, me I am 31 for instance. And there definitely is a gym, so training in winter in the evenings is no problem.

You are not forced to join the club at once. :D

@Joe Franken -- how competitive is it? I would love to partake in some indoor ball this winter season, but I'm more in for the excercise and fun.

As I indicated, fun is the driving factor. I play mostly because of the nice people. We play on the small field five against five from the beginning of the training (after warming up by shooting a bit) till the end. Previous basketball experience is required (some prior playing experience in a league or club). Just Streetball experience most likely would not be enough. We don't play too competitive which doesn't mean that we would not like to win when we play on weekends in the league. Not all of our players can come every week to training and the matches, so there is no duty to show up every time, but regular attendance is requested. Some players never participate in the league matches.

But the best would be just to show up and try it. Trying is for free and if it doesn't match, fine. If it fits the better for both sides. :D

Just moved to Munich from Toronto. Would like to join a club or team and play once or twice a week. I have experience playing.

Any suggestions?

Any update on this for a place outside (since nice weather is approaching hopefully) where pick-up basketball may be had? A nice court with regulation rims and preferably lights for night playing. Anything, ballers?

I am interested also. Inddoor or outdoor. Evening during the week work best. I am in Lehel and need to start playing again. It has been 6 weeks since we got here and my skills must be disappearing.

Just wanted to give this thread a bump and see if anyone has new info about indoor basketball pickup games. I'm in the over 40 crowd as well.