Tax deductions for pension and health insurance

44 posts in this topic

The information is there, including the legal links which you can check to see whether something changed.

11 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

The information is there, including the legal links which you can check to see whether something changed.

Fair enough! Thanks, I'll dig deeper and find what I need.

12 hours ago, java10 said:

@PandaMunich I am sorry for tagging you here as well, but I guess you could provide a useful reply.

How much exactly of total Health Insurance and Pension Insurance contributions are tax deductible in 2019 for a self-employed person? Is it correct that total HI contributions are deductible, and around 88% of PI contributions? Or I read that (somewhere and in German) completely wrong?

do you have public or private health insurance ? (and are you an employee or self-employed/contracting?)

what kind of pension insurances are we talking about ? Public pension, RIESTER, RÜRUP/Basis, bAV (company pension) or just a private pension in Germany or anywhere else in the world ? 

If you'd read the prior thread, as PandaMunich suggested, you'd know that this is the min. information required in order to give you any valuable reply at all. 

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

55 minutes ago, Starshollow said:

do you have public or private health insurance ? (and are you an employee or self-employed/contracting?)

what kind of pension insurances are we talking about ? Public pension, RIESTER, RÜRUP/Basis, bAV (company pension) or just a private pension in Germany or anywhere else in the world ? 

If you'd read the prior thread, as PandaMunich suggested, you'd know that this is the min. information required in order to give you any valuable reply at all. 

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

I am the permanently employed spouse, my wife is a self-employed fitness trainer (Gewerbe, with some other, non-fitness-related activities). Currently, she is under our family health insurance (just started, profit is deemed below 445 EUR threshold for now). She is also determined to be Rentenversicherungspflicht, but still haven't paid anything (just started, profit is deemed below 450 EUR threshold for now).

Our KK is Techniker. Once she starts achieving profits above the thresholds, she'll start paying into public HI (with Techniker).

Regarding the PI, I guess that will/would be public pension and is only about Germany. She has these three options:

- ask for exemption for the first 3 years (but then, she has a disadvantage regarding the application for permanent stay - one needs 60 months of paid pension, right?)

- go with percentage based, I think it's roughly 19% of her profit. But it seems all business activities will be considered, not only the only pflicht-one, that is, fitness. So basically, Gewerbe's Einkommensteuererklärung would be the base for the determination.

- go with 1/2 of the Regelbeitrag (halber Regelbeitrag - 289,70 EUR)