Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sunday sailing on Ammersee - 2005

134 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Mitch took a few pictures during the first race. Sorry, none of Dave snoozing away...

;-)

ciao,

Marco

I am proud to have taken last place!! What would a fleet be, without someone protecting the rear?

:lol:

Oh, what a shame :( . I was away for the weekend and obviously missed out on the sailing (not that I've done much, but it would have been fun). Was thinking of taking a sailing course here in DE but thought it would be rather difficult as I don't speak German. Any ideas on lessons in English? Then perhaps I can participate next year and take the Captain up on his offer.

Anna

Very short notice, but I am taking a boat out this Sunday on the Ammersee. If you would like to join please send me an email to david_maps@yahoo.co.uk (with your handy number so I can confirm by SMS) or call me.

See you there ?

David (Captain Bligh) - 0170 3463502

-------------------------------------------------

We sail rain / shine / thunderstorms.

WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:

1) Sport or leisure shoes with a soft rubber sole,

2) Rainwear (jacket and also rain trousers - if you don't have rain trousers then a change of trousers)

3) Warm Jumper

4) Sun cream + hat !

6) For yourself - a beer / Juice / Hot coffee / snacks etc... for whatever mood you feel in.

HOW TO GET THERE:

Train:-

There is a train from Hauptbahnhof at 12:51 - we meet platform 28 (sometimes Platform 18 - please check) at 12:40.

München Hbf, dep 12:51, Platform 28

Geltendorf , arr 13:22, Platform 1

Geltendorf , dep 13:27, Platform 4

Utting , arr 13:38, Platform 2

Driving :-

Coming from Munich on the A96 take the Greifenberg exit direction Schondorf, Diessen.

2 km after you have left Schondorf take a left turn towards Freizeitgelaende Utting and then follow the signs to Segelschule Ernst.

SAILING PLACE/TIME

Meet at 01:45 pm at the jetty of the Segelschule. Sailing starts at 02:00pm.

Address = Segelschule Ernst, Utting.

http://www.segelschule-ernst.de/

Cost = approximately 6€ / Person for 3 hours on the boat.

damn, my gf and I would love to...but we made plans yesterday to go out in Bad Worishofen (sp?) for dinner... we live in Seefeld, so it'd be damn easy, too...darn

thanks for the offer, maybe next time. ...I'm drunk, so please forgive any horrid mistakes...

It's going to be a very exciting day sailing on the lake today, lots of high winds and so far no sign of rain. Still have places on the boat so lots of chances to learn if it's your first time. Starts at 14:00 so just get yourself down there - I'm sure we will have places on the boat (so farwe have Bligh, Julie and Orwell).

couldn't go today, but would love to join you sometime!

i haven't sailed in ages, but as a kid used to race in the summer and sail for fun on our family sailboats.

Well you missed out on some good winds and a cracking storm. We were the only people stupid enough to be on the lake but we survived to tell the tale. The water should warm up soon and the sailing gets a bit lighter as the winds drop during the summer.

Next Sunday is a Regatta on Ammersee if you're interested ? If you can PM me your emails I can put you on the weekly sailing list.

There is a sailing Regatta(race) on the Ammersee this Sunday. I booked a boat which can take up to 8 people.

Starts at 9:30am and finishes around 2pm.

If you would like to join then send me an email on david_maps@yahoo.co.uk.

would love to, but i'm busy this sun :(

if plans change i'll def let you know b/c i'd love to participate! :)

good luck! hope there's a nice wind.

Are you going to start up the weekend sailing meetups again? I didnt get to go last year and have always wanted to try it out :D

well capn if you all werent so busy taking photos you could have finished much higher ;)

Still a couple of places left for the trip this Sunday - 21.May.2006. Weather seems to be picking up a bit (no rain). Winds look good so should get some good sailing in !!!

Is this a regular thing? I would love to do it but I am away this weekend. What is the cost?

Will try and do it every Sunday during the summer !!! Cost is around 6€ each for the hire of the boat and another 6€ for the train ticket.