Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tennis courts - indoor and outdoor

20 posts in this topic

I played tennis for years and I would really like to get back into it. Where can one go to play? Is it expensive? I read keydeck's post about InJoy and a monthly fee is kinda steep. Is there a such thing as a public court? I'm not used to having to pay for a tennis court.

No public courts that I know of. I haven't tried playing in Munich yet but from my experience in Frankfurt, playing on an indoor court is not something that people without money do. I don't remember the exact price but it definitely wasn't worth it. Even outdoor courts are pricey but somewhat more reasonable. Where I played a few times they were also very strict about your shoes. No playing with black soled tennis shoes. Of course you can rent their shoes for around 7,00 EUR!

I usually play at Olympiapark at the uni courts. I have tried to find indoor courts for the winter but not had much success. I think we'll have to wait until the summer courts open.

There are some indoor courts in Unterföring at the SportSheck, but I think they're pretty pricey in the winter. I also saw some other covered courts nearby the same area as well.

There are a couple of indoor court facilities over near where I work - Unterföring / Munich border, U6 Studentenstadt stop take bus 37 for one stop.

We play either in the English Garden - Tivoli, behind chinese tower. They are strict about the tennis shoes and pricey but courts are lovely.

Or at Scheidplatz - cheaper, handy to get to (directly on ubahn) but courts are not well-kept.

Does anyone know if there are tennis courts anywhere that are open to the public and free?

I don't wanna hafta join some tennis club or anything, just wanna be able to go play when I feel like it.

Yes, there are loads. One in the English Garden (Tivoli) that I really like. Also one at Scheidplatz; less well-kept but cheap and cheerful - Tel.: 089 3009519.

Naaah. My experience is that all tennis courts cost buckets of money. If you plan to play regularly, you are best off joining a club. It is the same for badminton.

Back home we used to play in the local park when I was a kid for 50p for 2 hours. Here I reckon you would have to pay about 15-20 Euros per hour, or 8 Euros apparently in Olympiazentrum, unless you join a club.

My bf and I ate at the pizzeria directly next to the tennis courts at the Sport Scheck in Unterföhring and had a look at their hourly fees. The cheapest rate was €8 an hour and the times weren't ridiculous. I believe the main times costed €12 an hour.

Ooh, and I just saw at the tennis courts in Bogenhausen price range is €21-33 for covered courts in winter. Summer covered courts from €13-17, open-air €8-14. Mmm, why is winter more expensive than summer?

I've been in contact with a bunch of tennis clubs here in town, and a few of them are willing to reserve courts for the international speaking crowd of Munich. I just need to know how many people are interested in playing on a fixed night a week. Let me know when you're interested in playing on a regular basis without having to rent a court every time.

We played at Scheck in Oberfoehring and paid EUR 15 for an hour. Didn't see Boris though, thank goodness.

Hi,

Just arrived in Munich from Australia, and was wondering if anyone knows of good places to play tennis. Preferrable hard or grass courts (Broke my arm last time I played on clay, so will try and steer clear of it).

Give me a shout if you know of anywhere.

Also I will probably need to find someone to hit with...my friends here arent really the tennis type !

Topics merged by admin

hi there are some tennis courts in the Olympic Park, have a look on the Olympic Park website and you will probably find some info on the prices etc.

Also I will probably need to find someone to hit with...my friends here arent really the tennis type !

>>I'd love to play with you! I guess PM me (although I'm not really sure how that works). I'll check this post later anyway.

hi there are some tennis courts in the Olympic Park, have a look on the Olympic Park website and you will probably find some info on the prices etc.

i know it is automatically generated, but the TT wiki page for "Olympia Park" has no content. here is a link to the "real" site (tennis section):

Olympia Park -- Tennis

i started a new thread for tennis lovers, 2006. Tennis in Munich, Summer 2006