Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any Rockabilly/Psychobilly/50's Clubs in Berlin?

14 posts in this topic

Hi there

New to Berlin and was wondering if you all knew of any bars or clubs in Berlin that were Rockabilly, Psychobilly or 50's themed? Or if certain clubs had nights along these lines.

Someone told me once there's a club for every taste in Berlin so I was just checking :)

Cheers in advance!

Be amazed at the power of google:

Psychobilly Berlin

http://www.wildatheartberlin.de/concerts.php

Cheers. I was using google the other night but all the sites were being kooky.

I was kinda hoping some people had been to the nights as well and could give some feedback on them.

Its great to know there is someone else out there that likes a bit of Psychobilly!

its your lucky day as I used to be into big time way back when I lived in London

but it depends on what you are looking for as the Rockabilly here is a bit lame and swings towards more Psychobilly for my tastes

plenty of Teddy Boy Rock n Roll and Psychobilly to find here

a good place to start looking is www.rockin-wildcat.de for all the local gigs and gossip

as for Milkabilly give it a miss as its lame with just American Graffiti dreamers running the place you be better of at McDonalds

sometimes at http://www.bassy-club.de/

most of the rest of the stuff is in Kreuzberg 36 (wild at heart, jail, tiki heart, some smaller bars, but they're nearly all not playing psychorockabilly exclusively)

Amazing! I think I should be there on the Saturday night. Do you know if you have to buy tickets in advance or is it just a "turn up" thing?

Also ... there's an amazing Spooky Surf band called the Ghastly Ones. You may have already heard of them, but if you haven't you should definitely check them out. They don't really tour outside of American and I'm dying to see them. They'd go down a treat here so I am trying to spread the word in the hopes of enticing them over :)

MLSSMITH, no idea, i'm also new to berlin. :)

if you want you can add me on facebook (George Koynov) and we could go together on the 30th.

White Trash is awful. Now, I'm not really much for the scene. But I do like rockabilly clubs and tend to look more rockabilly than "true" rockabilly's. Bassy is great, at least on most days. And if you're into very cool surf, experimental somethingorother from Russia, then check this out:

They're playing on Saturday at Bassy: http://www.bassy-club.de/programm-2.html?nr=549

Other than that I have know idea, guess I should check out the stuff just down the road from me. But yeah, Meuterei is better, but that might not be something for you.

And yes, I'll be there on Saturday, and no, I can't be bothered to fix the links.

Hi,

I'm into the rockabilly scene here in Berlin. My boyfriend is a rockin' DJ. Blue Cow's tip about the Rockin Wild Cat page is good. Also, the Bassy Cowboy Club is a definite good one. Also the Roadrunners Club is another one to watch - Imelda May is playing there in November... There's also a diner opening this week at 9 Zehlendorfer Strasse, with rockin bands on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. I haven't seen the venue yet, so I don't know if it's any good. But the bands are good and my bf is DJing on Saturday night too!

Milkabilly is a bit lame, but it is run by a rockin girl....

Well, enjoy rockabilly Berlin!