Hairdressers for Afro-American black hair

51 posts in this topic

Looking for a Afro American Black hairdresser, let me know if you have any suggestions please.

Cheers.

G.

if you find one let ME know, pleeeaase. i did get my hair straightened here for a pretty penny, but was satisfied:

Angelica's Beauty Center. They are REAL Brazilians (not the Gisela Bündchen type) and would supposedly know what they're doing. i have super curly hair, but i would never classify my cut as an afro. foxy brown i am not people! sadly, I still go to my ghanaen (sp?)hairdresser in stuttgart. fair prices, a bit chaotic, but she knows what she's doing.

incidentally, i went to my collegues "trendy" hairdresser last week and walked out with an 80's pat benatar cut! i told him i would probably get my hair straightened again in 4 weeks and he actually cut off 1.5". for someone with such curly hair that was nealry all my hair :blink: . admittedly, i like the layers, now that I've washed it and put in my own hair products, but i wsa a bit shell-shocked as i walked out.

UPDATE! UPDATE! For those with curly or afro hair: I happened to be looking at the advert section of Prinz the other day and happened upon this:

Barbara Holmes Haarkunst

Augustenstr. 58

Tel. 089.598 135 or 089.997.461.54

She does relaxers (hallelujah!), hair extensions, hair pieces, cuts, curly perms, deep-conditioners etc. So I go by and am greeted by a pleasant younger-than-she-looks black woman with tidy braids curled up in a bun and a bright perly-white smile.

I got my hair relaxed today and am super satisfied. Very professional, clean and cozy studio. Cost me EUR85 (cause I do not style it, just put some junk in and go out). But I believe she starts at EUR110 which includes styling, cut, etc., but don't quote me!

Does anyone know if any of these places do dreadlock maintenance for non-afro hair? I've gotten really lazy about mine and they're starting to get messy. I've heard a lot of horror stories about white people getting dreadlocks in Germany from people who don't understand the different needs of our differently-textured hair. But obviously going to a regular hairdresser wouldn't do me any good.

There is also one on Leopold, north of Müncher Freiheit, near Rheinstrasse/Potsdammerstr.

Actually, on second thoughts, I am not sure if they are Afro-American, they could be Caribean or African for all I know.

Afro-look Design does hair cuts for blacks and Europeans alike. Very pleasant guy (Nigerian) and speaks 11 languages! I'm sure he can accommodate your language preference.

Afro Look Design

Landsbergerstr 6

Munich

Tel 08997604795

And the name of the owner is Azeez. I have had no complaints getting my haircut for the past few years.

I am a black woman who would rather not perm my hair. I have visited Munich several times during the past nine (9) months and I have never found any hairdressers who can take care of my Natural hair which is about 16 inches long.

On one of my visits, I had to braid my hair using extensions so that it would last for the duration of my three (3) weeks visit.

I will be relocating to Munich very soon and I would really like to find a hairdresser who can deal with my natural hair.

Can someone please help me?

Topics merged by admin

Does anyone know where I could get a good haircut for myself and my sons in Munich? We usually find barbers that unevenly cut our hair and cannot give a good trim. I am tired of paying for a terrible cut. I am black. I don't know whether or not that makes a difference.

Topics merged by admin

This place, Talk About Heads, claims to deal with "Afro Hair"- they would probably be worth talking to.

Wir stylen Ihre Haare in München. Sei es waschen, legen oder schneiden, Haare färben, Dauerwelle oder Afro Hair.Wir bieten Ihnen alles rund um Ihre Haare mit viel Liebe zum Detail.

Fallen Angel, thank you for the recommendation. I am in desperate need of a haircut. I will check them out sometime this week.

I’ve been living in Munich for almost 6 years.

As a side note I find it very hard to believe that you've been here 6 years and haven't been able to find a decent barber shop.