New in Hannover (or new to this forum)

67 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm here in Hannover this year teaching English, and have found it really difficult so far to meet other people around my age (I'm 22)! I am wondering if there are other people around 20-30 interested in meeting up for coffee or a beer or just drinks in general :) My evenings and weekends have been pretty unexciting so far so please say hello! ;)

Liebe Grüße,

Ellen

Well, you can get to know a few people at the monthly meetings of the Hannover4Englishspeakers: http://www.hannover4englishspeakers.de/ or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15386507748 They are not all your age, but some definitely are.

Hi. I'm even older than that other guy: I'm a 42 year old woman. I know that can be weird when you're 22. My boyfriend's parents were only "like" 4 years older than I am now, when I was 22. If you're actually interested anyways, I'm still willing to meet you. Some of my friends are the same age, others are "like" 60 and others are 25 - but it changes once you have kids because instead of having your parents, siblings and friends the same age, suddenly you become super attached to someone so much younger than you that everyone closer to oneself in age than the distance between oneself, one's parents and one's kids...is well, different after that. My son is almost 15 years old. You're more like me in that you are a full grown woman. Generationally, however, you are a lot more like my kid. You have the Internet, satellite dishes, and the wars are in the Middle East.

Hey Old Guy, where do you live and would you like to meet up? Is that John, the insurance man? No? I think that guy's in Hamburg.

Hi I am also 22 and will be moving to Hannover on the 6th so if you want to meet just send me a message

All the best

Hey, coincidentally I am also 22 and currently studying in my second year at the MHH. So far I have only met one other person from the English speaking realm, shall I say (she's from Alaska), but it would be great to meet some other anglophones, especially in my age group. ;)

Hey, I'm also keen to meet some more native English speakers. I 'm a 28 year old British guy. I've been in Hannover for about 18 months working at the university. If anyone wants to meet up just let me know.

Hey,

I posted another thread on this topic but just to say this. I'll also be coming to Hannover at the end of the month (November) and if you'd like, we could maybe meet up in the centre of Hannover. I'm coming a bit later now than planned as I've got my Driving Test on the 27th November.

Anyone who wants to meet up soon, let me know.

Mike :)

There are plenty of English speakers in Hannover! The Hannover English speakers meeting is good, bit touch and go but have met some good friends there. Every Third Tuesday of the month.Next one is 16th November I believe at 7pm Cafe Mezzo, then we can see if we all want to meet for further drinks!

H4ES is usually a lot of fun, and I do recommend that people go. Unfortunately since they moved it from Wednesday to Tuesday I can't usually make it - I used to go regularly. I haven't really found a good alternative.

I think I am going to try and go to H4ES tomorrow evening, so hopefully I can meet some of you there! If not then perhaps we could all meet up on another day as well.

Too many non-native speakers

Native language:

Englisch

For some reason the words 'glass', 'houses' and 'stones' come to mind.

Well, sometimes it's a dozen, but it can be 20 or more depending on the day. Usually more people turning up in summer to sit outside.

Next meeting will be Dec, 21st, 7 p.m. There will be invitations via the yahoo and Facebook groups.

Hi all, (29yo guy) new to Hannover and would like to meet some english speaking folk if ye are around?! Might try and get to that meet next Tuesday. Anyone else going?

Try going to the Dublin Inn (near Markthalle) at the weekend, where you will meet plenty of people from many nationalities. If you go to watch the 6 Nations rugby matches you will meet the other paddies like us too!