Children's violin lessons in English

8 posts in this topic

We are looking to start our child in violin lessons. Anyone have a recommendation for a class/teacher in English? We live in Friedrichshain, so anything in eastern Berlin would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Not sure if you've found anything already, but there are three English speaking Suzuki violin teachers I know of in Berlin. Both are American and teach in English, and German if necessary. You can contact one of them, Anne, through the JFK Friendship Center. I forget which part of town she works in. http://www.jfkfc.org/fileadmin/user_data/pdf/Activities_Programm.pdf .

We haven't used her as a teacher, but I've heard good things. My daughter has been learning flute with the Suzuki method (also available through JFKFC), and we are extremely pleased with the method of learning.

I can get you the contact information for the other two if you would like. Just PM me.

Hello,

I am a fully qualified tutor. Check my website please and feel free to contact me for details:

www.violin-piano-lessons.com

Best,

Denitsa Mineva

All, I am looking for Violin lessons fro my two children in Wilmersdorf, Berlin.

Any recommendation would be great. How much do they cost usually?

Thank you,

Hello everyone,

if you are still looking for a violin teacher: Here I am. :)

29 years of experience, classically trained and very good in figuring out the individual needs of children learning violin. I have taught all ages from 2 to 72.

Also, I have studied extensively Irish and American Folk music.

My first lesson is free, I teach in Kreuzberg, but I can travel.

gthaxton@hotmail.com

0162 8832 530

030 95622987

Hi, I've moved to Berlin recently too...

I trained at the Royal Northern as a composer, just completing my PhD from the University of Western Australia in composition and conducting, where I lectured in composition.

But I love teaching piano and violin. Getting each student to their best is so rewarding, so I'm sure it's much easier to learn well than to teach!

If anyone's interested, I can supply references from the parents of my students in Australia or just drop me a line or call on 01757 158 712.

*For the youngest kids though, I'd recommend Mary-Josephine Bell (01758 216 645). She's a phenomenal teacher and has a gift for inspiring the smaller ones...

my site, my music, better players...

I am a university violin professor and international performer with a 3 year old son. I am looking for 2 more english speaking children between ages 3 and 5 to join us for beginning violin lessons (I will teach the lessons myself in english). If you are interested please contact me!

Hello,

I know that I am about seven years too late with replying to this post but I would like to let you know that I am a fully qualified violin teacher based in Schöneberg. 

If you would like to know more here is a link to my website:

https://www.jaynestark.com