Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apartment Rental in Rostock

11 posts in this topic

depends on where in the city, with a kitchen might be really hard to find.

Are you going to be a student? If so I would check with the University. There is special housing for students.

On the Wiro website a 1 room is from 256-442€. There are other companies a little cheaper than Wiro here in Rostock.

Dear Amber127,

Thanks a ton for replying to my query, i would be staying alone & looking to stay closer in the main city area, preferably in cosmopolitan neighbourhood & i will be working. Can you suggest which part i should focus on

I am budgeting about 450 Euro for rent all inclusive, will that be sufficient?

Centrum is a bit more expensive like Warnemünde.

Do you know what section you are working in? Why I can look in stadtmitte or KTV but getting a place there is not really easy. KTV might be possible on 450...or maybe not. Maybe kaltmiete...not sure warm.

stadtmitte

http://www.immowelt.de/immobilien/immodetail.aspx?id=19642476

http://www.immowelt.de/immobilien/immodetail.aspx?id=19642474

both 2 rooms...I am not sure which company there are through. We have always dealth with WIRO, and they have nothing in these 2 districts.

Thanks Amber127,

Thanks for your valuable inputs, My employer has informed that 450 Euros will fetch a decent place to stay so i am counting on them as they would also assist in finding a suitable place for me. I hope to be there by middle of December.

If you are arriving in mid-December, bring a warm coat, a warm hat, gloves, a scarf and boots. We had a visitor from India last winter and he came with only a light jacket and sneakers. He nearly turned blue walking two blocks outside.

Dear Dan,

Thanks for your inputs, i have been to Rostock before & that was also last year in December, but only for 1 week, i guess the winter last time was quite severe.

Do you know any other indians living there, any indian grocery shop?

Regards,

BSD

I have seen some Indians before. About 3 years ago one bummed a cigarette off of me, when I still smoked. Was suprised that I was a foreigner, and he tried to hit on me...but I am taken. I have also seen some in Warnemünde, they are attending a Uni program here.

As for shops...I have no idea. I am not even sure if we have an Indian restaurant. I should look that up, I have been wanting some Indian food for awhile now.

Oh and the weather in December was nothing compared to what we had in January and Feb. That was horrible.

http://www.bombay-haus.com/

www.jyoti-rostock.de/

search and I shall find...not sure about stores, but I am sure the people who run the restaurant can help you.

I have heard that the food at the Jyoti restaurant is quite good.

Do you think i will encounter any problems due to lack of German language skills, i am learning here but i think it will take ages before i master it.

Possible. Some people are tolerant others are not. As soon as they hear an accent they act like they can't understand you even when you speak perfectly clear (my husband has heard someone do this to me already). That doesn't happen often, but does happen. My German skills are not top either, enough to get by.

In the city center you shouldn't have any problems. There are a lot of tourist, especially in the summer, and then the University students. Just keep trying no matter what. A lot of people will be happy that you even attempt even if you make mistakes. Just try to speak German, and don't worry about mistakes in talking. Gotta make the mistakes to learn. :)