Where to buy a wedding dress in Frankfurt

16 posts in this topic

Hi, Can anyone recommend any bridal shops in Frankfurt? I'm looking for a wedding dress.... Thanks!

First of all congratulations :-)

But my answer to your question is no :( Sorry but the service I received in all of them was terrible and no this isn't a moan about bad service in Germany. They just didn't seem interested and very limited supply of dresses. I can't recommend any of them. There was no chance of getting a sample of a dress to try or any effort on their part.

I do have a wedding dress I don't need anymore though B)

There's a town called Liederbach, near Aschaffenburg, about 40 Kilometres south of Frankfurt which has about 25 Bridal shops, all competing with each other. It's the Bridal centre of this area. My daughter's friend just found the most fantastic dress there for €400, I've seen it and it really is the perfect dress for this girl. My daughter also tells me that the people and the service there is really good.

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone... incidentally I found this older discussion, http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t36633.html after I had posted my new discussion, sorry for the duplicate.

I did find Liliane on Berliner Str. via the Pronovias website, so will check it out.

Cheers!

Thanks for updating the title of this thread.

I also liked the gorgeous and unique wedding dresses at Siodam in Frankfurt: http://www.sioe-dam.de

Now that I am married... I have a wedding dress for sale. It's a Pronovias 'Tirso' dress, found at Liliane on Berliner Strasser in Frankfurt. US Size 6, UK Size 8, and European size 36.

Please PM me if interested.

There's a town called Liederbach, near Aschaffenburg, about 40 Kilometres south of Frankfurt ...

I cannot seem to locate this town. If it has 25 bridal shops all competing for business, then I would drive up there this coming Saturday and start looking. But I know many places want you to make an appointment first. Not sure if they'll just let me browse.

I think the place meant is actually called Leidersbach, though according to google, it has only three shops... But they do seem to have a good reputation.

Berliner Strasse has several shops. Walk from Neue Krämer down past the Modern Art museum.

One other place that you might consider looking is in Peek and Cloppenburg. They have a pretty good selection of ball gowns and dresses, so if you want something that might not be so traditional, I would look there.

If you want something tailored, there are quite a few dress designers in Frankfurt. Check out the Berger Str. or Schweizer Str. or along the Brucke Str. in Sachsenhausen. I know some of the dresses I have seen in the windows were stunning and they didn't cost a fortune either.

Hi...Here's a copy of my post to a recent question re buying a wedding dress...

I got married 2 weeks ago and found it very difficult to find a good selection of wedding dresses. The local shops tried to sell me any kind of awful frock and vowed to make a size 16 out of a size 8 that they happen to have had in stock!

I managed to find an unusual place with a high concentration of bridal shops. It's called Leidersbach near Aschaffenburg

http://www.brand-moden.de/ : This shop is enormous and must have several thousand dresses to chose from

http://www.ks-topdress.de/ : I bought my dress from this shop and despite my poor German, they were thoroughly helpful and charming (ie..told me which dresses I look fat in and which suited me!)

There are many other places within the same village. Just google.de : Leidersbach Braut...and it will come up with all variations.

It is 2 hours away from you but in a lovely part of Bayern so you could have a full day out. I only had to go once again after I chose my dress for alteration and they did it straight away whilst I waited.

Here's a map...

http://www.theaa.com...anner/index.jsp

I also bought lots of wedding things online from the UK (including our wedding rings)...Johnlewis and monsoon etc etc. Very cost effective as things are expensive here.

I'd better not ramble any longer as it could be too far away for you after all. If you need anymore info, just PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Good luck

...It is 2 hours away from you but in a lovely part of Bayern so you could have a full day out. I only had to go once again after I chose my dress for alteration and they did it straight away whilst I waited...

Congrats on your nuptials, btw!

Have (company) car, will travel! As maid-of-honor at my friends wedding this summer, I spent lots of time with her driving from dress shop to dress shop in the region and was utterly disappointed. She found something that suited her - eventually - but after a few weeks she was starting to panic. I would have to look elsewhere anyhow. So if you had good experience, I wouldn't mind making a day of it.

I found a dress I liked from the U.S., but it's risky, not being able to inspect every detail and try it on. And of course it was only $500. I am a 6 US up top, small boobed, but a 10 US down below (damn genes), so I need/want sleeves or off-shoulder up top and a very slim A-line below - nothing too poofy or my hips will look even wider.

@Elfenstar, since you are willing to drive, have you tried Strasbourg, France? It would also be a nice day-out. I happened to be there about a year before my wedding. They have a Pronovias store and Pronuptia. Probably also a few others. If you go, make an appointment to try-on their dresses.

Also, have you searched if you can find the dress you liked in the US here?

Happy Shopping!

...Also, have you searched if you can find the dress you liked in the US here?

Actually I only looked for dresses in Germany first, then went to US sites as a last resort. The site I found, specialized in dresses for the more conservative or religious bride. Gorgeous gowns and right up my alley (though I am neither traditional nor religious)!

For all the lucky future brides-to-be: Last year a new bridal shop opened in Frankfurt. The owner (Christina) spent a few years in the US and speaks English fluently. Her shop brings the NYC spirit to Frankfurt and she has many different designer from the US and around the world.

Instagram: www.instagram.com/youaremainbridal/

Website: https://www.youaremain.com/collection-brautmode-frankfurt