Andrew Gradon the Frankfurt Airport conman

40 posts in this topic

Sometime in between 2000-2005 he was also 'working' the Gare de Lyon in Paris.

I just recognized him now but had a long conversation with him then, and gave him soem money.

Just curious. Do you remember if he said why he didn't have a credit card?

I got duped like this once in Sheffield.

Now I never give to anyone.

My brother had a great trick with tramps who said they were hungry. He never gave them money, he went and bought a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar.

It's not a feast, but it's more nourishing better than a bottle of vodka or some cigarettes.

If you have the time, maybe the safest way to see if someone is bonafida is to accompany them to the ticket office and actually make sure they get that ticket.

It's a sad world, really. Kindness is rare and should be special. The fact that characters take advantage of something so special makes my blood run cold.

I don't wish to get too angry, but I fail to see the purpose behind these people's existence. I genuinely believe they could be put to better use elsewhere.

====== EDIT =======

forgot to check date of the last post. Sorry for thread necromancy...waiting for mod to delete this post.

===================

Hey everyone - this thread had sort of died but Mr Gradon has not.

I saw him alive and well (but now sporting glasses) at Frankfurt Airport T1 last night on the departures level and he approached me whilst waiting for my wife to pick me up. I remembered this thread from ages ago but not his name or face and was mildly suspicious especially when he referred to "a Lufthansa ticket office upstairs" on the T1 Departures level (there is none). However a stranger may have been confused so I offered to help him and his alleged girlfriend (who wasn't there) rebook their ticket but that I insisted on doing so in person (my excuse, that being a German speaker I may better at getting Lufthansa to be flexible). He went off to find his girlfriend (who had the eticket documentation) and disappeared.

A few months ago I got up in the morning, put on my €1000 suit, grabbed my laptop, phone, sunglasses and keys, got into the BMW I had hired for the week, and drove across the country for a meeting in a pretty remote area. The meeting went well, and afterwards as I got into the car and prepared to hurry back to catch my flight I went to put the collected business cards into my wallet. Bad news - no wallet. Also, no ID. Hmmm... Also, no petrol. The light had in fact come in while I was still hurrying to get to the meeting, so it was now pretty close to empty. Uh oh. I drove 15km to the last petrol station I had seen, and got there with the car telling me I had 10km of range left. I combed my hair, brushed the dust off my suit (it had been an active meeting), put on my most charming smile and went and asked the girl on the till if she would spot me a tank of petrol... She was pretty reluctant, since the only ID I had was my company business card and she was responsible for making the till balance, but eventually she agreed, writing down her bank account details for me. I filled the car, it cost about €68. Of course that night I put €100 into her account. I don't often give money to beggars (food, yes, money no) but I am glad that there still is some trust in the world despite guys like this!

Hm his passport has the issuing code FCO in it. Sometimes I think that means it's diplomatic or that it's been issued at an embassy. I'm not sure about that tho.

FCO on his passport indicates that it was issued by a consulate overseas. Which means that he is not resident in the UK. I wonder why???

PS I did a quick check on him (I have access to POLAS). He is NOT registered anywhere in Germany, so is obviously itinerant. There are some 20+ complaints against him in Germany alone, of which only SIX are from the BPol in Flughafen Frankfurt.Which means that if he gets caught, and being of no fixed abode, he would automatically be remanded in custody.

Well he might either be a dual passport holder or have a fake UK passport that he's waving around to get him around any problems that might arise. Maybe when I move to Frankfurt if I have some free time I'll see if he's wandering around. If I spot him I'll ask him for a passport and see if he pulls the same one on me.

People need to have working instincts with these kind of people!

If someone tells you strange stories, tell him to stop it, break contact.

This is his fulltime "job", so he`s really good at bullshitting!

Think about your programs of being nice and helping people.They can be used against you.

Criminals are good at these manipulations.

One day maybe he finds the wrong mark and -ouch!- is administered some sidewalk justice!

I think I met this guy. If not him it was someone like him at an airport but I forgot now which one. I told the guy that I met and that asked me for money that I would give him the money if he would give me his drivers license and I would send his license back to him when he sent the money back. He did not give me his license so I did not give him the money. ....By the way while on vacation once I did actually lose ALL my money (I was robbed) and I borrowed money from 2 people and sent it back to them when I got home ...that is how I know that when you really need to borrow money you will give the person with the money your drivers license or your watch or whatever you have at the moment. Of course with western union allowing anybody to send money to be picked up with only a code number and a name, a real businessman would not be in this situation of asking for money from strangers.

These sociopathic conmen use creative methods and are artists at what they do. We had a guy in the city where I live who used to walk across town with a broken radiator fan belt in his hand and ask people for money. He'd tell them that his car was broken down with his children waiting inside and that he had to fix it. I felt sorry for him and gave him money the first time that I saw him. Because I thought that I had helped someone when they were in need I didn't give it a second thought until I saw him a few months later doing the same thing. I took a few moments and made an educated guess at how much money he was taking in and figured at least a hundred dollars a day or more. I also read one time about the panhandlers who work Grand Central Station in New York city. On a good day they can take in $500.00 Not bad for someone who has no self dependence, pride or self esteem.

$500 on a good day sounds like plenty moochacho self dependence, pride and self esteem to me. Bet it's tax free too.

I'd rather get up early, put in a full day of work and earn my bread instead of begging from others. Makes me feel good about myself. ;)

So you're not a lawyer, a banker, or a politician then.

I've just checked and was astounded to find an Andrew Airporman Gradon on facebook. "Airporman" doesn't sound like a real name - coincidence?

The Robin Hood profile picture is a nice touch, and one of his friends is named Hustler--I wonder if they know each other from work...