What's the best flu medicine?

58 posts in this topic

In the past I relied on Comtrex, but that's unavailable here.

Last year I tried something called Grippostat or something like that, and it made me want to die, it was so awful.

Now I've got it again, and the only option at one apotheke was some herbal drops which I am supposed to take 3 drops 3x per day. I'm working on it, but it's futile. I want to pull the trigger on this thing.

Any suggestions?

For the runny nose, achy muscles, mildly sore throat kind of misery.

i drink ginger tea every day as it is. what i'm i talking about are drugs. something that will dry up my insides and clear the mucous from all the crevices inside my head.

What's the old saying? Drugs will clear up your cold in 7 days, without them it will take a week. Gute Besserung!

I took ACC akut and it worked wonders for me. It is akin to an expectorant. The taste is even kind of nice. Helped get all the crud out.

You could try using a neti pot to clear things out and gargle with salt water. Take some aspirin for aches.

I'm not saying that you don't have the flu, but I do find it kind of funny that whenever any German I know gets sick it's die Grippe. Never just a cold, no, they have die Grippe! It makes me giggle.

anyway! Get better soon!

The best remedy? A fucking vaccination at least three weeks before you get sick. Once you're sick? Do whatever makes you feel best because you're in for the whole ride. Have some rum-spiked tea. Eat light food if you get hungry, do what you feel like (bury yourself under covers or strip naked and take a cold shower, depending) otherwise.

woof.

Homeopathic:

Sinupret Forte and meditonsin if you have cold symptoms too (runny nose, sinus infection etc).

If its the flu: stay in Bed until fever is gone.

Loads of tee and water

Rubbish. It needs curry as well for it to work properly.

People still recommend meditonsin. Really, the mind boggles.

I find that this works well to relive the symptoms of the flu. I buy mine at the PX however a quick google.de search indicates it may be available here as well but not cheap.

ventausa.com / products

Hope you feel better soon.

post-76844-12839288124956.jpg

When the flu hits me is when I'm really going to miss the USA. Drugs...and lots of them available at Walgreens 24 hours a day. I'm not sure I can handle the homeopathic stuff...when I'm sick I want to be knocked out so I can sleep for hours on end. Wait...beer might work after all!

MediNait works well with flu symptoms. Of course, it won't cure you or help the healing process, but from what you've said, it sounds like you just want help managing the symptoms.

It's from Wick (i.e. Vicks) and in the UK is known as Medinite Complete and in the US it's NyQuil. Also on that same link you will see DayMed capsules, which have basically the same meds minus the alcohol and sleep-inducing antihistamine.

Good luck, the flu sucks!

Homeopathic:

Sinupret Forte and meditonsin if you have cold symptoms too (runny nose, sinus infection etc).

Sinupret is herbal, not homeopathic, which means it actually works. We've found Meditonsin (which is homeopathic) to be useless, but a lot of people swear by it.

Sinupret is herbal, not homeopathic, which means it actually works. We've found Meditonsin (which is homeopathic) to be useless, but a lot of people swear by it.

Something being herbal doesn't mean it works. But clearly it has a higher chance.

http://bionoricausa.com/product-details/sinupret-adult-strength

Interesting caveat on their web site.

Supports the Upper Respiratory System.*

Strengthens the immune system.*

Promotes Healthy Nasal Passages.*

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

http://content.karger.com/produktedb/produkte.asp?typ=pdf&file=10.1159/000091969

Would suggest for the sinuses it does have a positive effect. The other stuff is clearly unproven.