Jam sessions in Munich

36 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm curious if there are any people who play guitar, ukulele or any instrument and would be interested in meeting up weekly for jam session, possibly even starting a band?

Whilst living in the US, we would meet up at a park in Phillie and rock out. Would be great to do something like this in Munich.

Nothing serious. Music, socializing and possibly some beer! All levels welcome.

I assume that a day on the weekend would make sense for a lot of people.

PM me if your interested.

Regards,

Matt

What an awesome idea. Unfortunately my guitar is in the UK and I am leaving tomorrow! Otherwise i would be all over this, hope you find some fellow jammers.

Hi, may I come and watch, too? My friend loves to play the guitar and he's totally into jamming. So could we join? I could make a cake as a contribution as I'm a terrible musician ...

Hey all.

This is great. We've had quite a few reponses already. I apologize for the late response, I usually just check my inbox.

I'll get back to everyone when things are more clear about location, time and people. Obviously if we choose to do outside events, it's all weather permitting and if we do an indoor location, it's all about the space availible.

I'll keep everyone posted as things progress. Suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Matt

If we can help (with advice on venues etc) please let us know. We have a lot of experience in starting music groups in Munich (Orchestra, Choir & Big Band) for us ex-pats!

this place has open jam sessions every sunday (not tt related)...

http://www.feierwerk.de/locations/sunny-red.html

i have been to watch a few times and it is always nice and chill.

Hey all

Update: We have found an indoor venue, that has a drumkit to. It is limited space and can cater to 5 people at a time. I have PM'd the people who had responded first with regards to places availible. If you are interested in coming to one of these sessions, please PM me and I can add you to the "waiting list". Otherwise we will try and organize a "Shout in the Park" possibly in the English Gardens, for an up and coming weekend, weather permitting.

Regards,

Matt

Hi everyone,

thought this topic needs to be freshened up.

How did the jams go? A success?

Where is the practice room? I am searching for rehearsal space 4 my band and a kit is a big +

Cheers, :D

Shmerg

Oh yeah, always keen to jam with ppl if anyone interested.

Hey there,

I also think it is a good idea to refreshen the topic.

I have a classic guitar and I can play most popular songs. I started out with my first year as flamenco guitar but I think it would be a good idea to find another classic guitar or something similar.

Cheers,

Akin

shmergster, check out this practice room. I havent emailed yet to find out what space is available, but maybe we should all get in there and smash it out once a week? I have a little fender combo amp and telecaster I can bring down. It also looks like they may have a bass guitar for hire in there too. I aint no bassest but I could jump on that and push some groove.

Hey all,

It's been a long winter. Now as summer slowly approaches we should get some outdoor meet-ups going. Anyone keen should post or PM me.

As a side note, anyone seriously interested in playing more regularly/starting a band. Should drop me a PM. Especially drummers and bass players.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

am a singer and guitar player and would love to join you for jam session!

You can count on my voice!

Angel.

great! you don't play bass by any chance?? :) once more people throw their names in the hat, we should meet . i'm guessing at EG on a nice sunny day, beer garden before/afterwards

would also be keen on a jam session or two.

Experience wise been in three bands but quite some time ago (drummer and vocals)

Been learning guitar (acustic) for a few years and need an incentive to do more.

Shift work hinders my weekends sometimes but otherwise up for a jam in EG or where-ever

hello there!

thanks for your quick response.

A danish colleague of mine is a bass player - will try to convince him to join us :-)

would be great to see you guys soon!

Angelika