Hardware store close to downtown FFM?

11 posts in this topic

Greetings - I'm looking to find a hardware store for some basic stuff like nails, light bulbs, hammer, etc. Suggestions for a store close to the Hauptwache/Konstablerwache of FFM would be appreciated.

There is one not far from Hauptwache. Sadly I can't recall the name, but if you walk, starting from where the big Esprit on the corner opposite Kaufhof is, down Neue Kraeme in the direction of Dom/Roemer you will find it. It is just past the Jack Wolfskin store (Neue Kraeme 34) but before the Butlers (Neue Kraeme 26), if that makes any sense.

Edit: Found it thanks to google. It is at Neue Kraeme 30, called Hartmann Eisenwaren GmbH.

Hartmann Hardware store on Neue Kräme just closed down about 2 weeks ago.

I believe they have a store over in Bornheim, but I haven't been there since ages. It is right off the Berger strasse near the Uhr Turmchen.

You can also go to the Toom Bau markt on Friedberger Landstrasse, this is a 10 min. ride on the #30 or 36 bus from the Konstablerwache. Just get off at the Friedberger Warte. The Toom markt is right across the street

Why not just get on the Ubahn/tram to Ostbahnhof. There are 2 huge hardware stores on Hanauerlandstr.

Oops, thanks Moondancer! Haven't been by since then, obviously!

Which of these stores will definitely have the long lightbulbs (lighting strips / tubes) for bathroom mirrors? I'm looking for 1 meter long bulbs, 230 volt, 120 watt...?

I would try Conrad Elektro, they have a shop at the far end of the Konstablerwache square, at the corner to Kurt-Schumacher-Str. They might not have the exact same tubes, but can order to collect in the shop. If they can't help you, there's another shop nearby in Große Friedberger Str. 44-46 (1st street to the right off Zeil, walking towards Hauptwache), Lichtcenter. You may also try Saturn in the MyZeil Mall or DIY stores like Obi or Hornbach.

15 minutes ago, RainyDays said:

I would try Conrad Elektro, they have a shop at the far end of the Konstablerwache square, at the corner to Kurt-Schumacher-Str. They might not have the exact same tubes, but can order to collect in the shop. If they can't help you, there's another shop nearby in Große Friedberger Str. 44-46 (1st street to the right off Zeil, walking towards Hauptwache), Lichtcenter. You may also try Saturn in the MyZeil Mall or DIY stores like Obi or Hornbach.

Thanks for the Lichtcenter tip! Nice!

The Lichtcenter does more overall Lighting concepts for homes, shops etc., but I found them also helpful with small queries.