New to Braunschweig, Friendship, Drinks, Meet up..

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

As the title goes, I have just moved to Braunschweig with my girlfriend who is a native Deutschlander whom is just finishing her studies as of tomorrow. I came to Germany from Vancouver, Canada for a short 2 week vacation to visit multiple friends around Germany and have now extended my trip till an indefinite time. With that said, I am now living in Braunschweig and would like to meet up with any possible ex-pats from either Commonwealth countries or the U.S. if there are any of you around?

Just looking for some folks to hang out with around the city or other nearby area's for casual conversation, drinks, talk about how funny german's can be at times, etc... Something to take away from the stress of trying to sort out a visa and look for work in Germany for a year or so.

We are in our early 30's and super cool to hangout with. Hoping you are to! Message me if it sounds like a fit...

Cheers,

TrevR

Well Trevr...

we love long walks along the beach with the moist cool salty fresh wind blowing on our faces and reading a masterpiece by rolling passionate fire when the air is crisp and leaves are golden yellow. Did that make you melt?

Seriously though, my husband and I also seek couples to hang out with every now and then, tooo. We are in my mid-20s and his early 30s. We have a daughter who is 1 and our little bundle of joy and tears (recently more crocodile tears and kicking). So, if you are ever interested...

We LOVE movies-all sorts,going to the park (jogging),Featherball/Badminton (mainly because of my husband), boardgames are ok, my husband plays quite a bit of videogames - right now he is playing Red Dead Redemption and some other crap.

Other tidbits: We don't smoke, drink a lot of coffee, love food - all kinds, we do drink beer, wine, and cocktails. Taste in music is varied and we are not too sensitive to racial jokes.

That is all I can think of for now.

Take care

Howdy,

I am a poor lost Texan boy living in Wolfenbüttel with my girlfriend. Small town germnay is beautiful but about as slow as watching water boil. I would kill for some expat company. My german girlfriend works crazy hours and I am not working. This mean, I spend way too much time alone in the apartment. Would love to meet up with a American or Canadian for a beer and chat.

Chad

I realise these posts are from 4 years ago, but imma go ahead and just try and revive them :)

Anyone up for a meet-up sometime? Coffee, beer, food, walks, cinema, sport...I'm up for anything!!

Sorry for the late notice!!! We are meeting tonight (Jan 27th, 2015) at 7pm at Eusebia Bar & Cafe Spielmannstraße 11, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany! There will be a little American flag on the table so you know who we are!

Hi everyone. I am new in Germany. I have been in Calberlah for two weeks now, and would really like to meet some people. Is there anyone in Calberlah or close by that would like to meet up for coffee or even just a walk? Also if anyone knows about horseriding around here will you let me know?  Thank you. 

Best regards:)