Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English-speaking doctors in Erlangen

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to Erlangen and I'm looking to register with an english speaking doctor & dentist.

I am still improving my German so I need a doctor and dentist who understand english.

If you know of anyone in Erlangen or in nearby towns..Forchheim, Nuremberg etc please get in touch.

hello there sparkle

I cannot help with Erlangen but if Nürnberg city centre good to you then direct from Hauptbahnhof onto Königstrasse 34

(left hand side as you walk towards hauptmarkt, not far from Lorenzkirche) and you will find my very lovely dentist...

Walter Niederalt

This guy speaks very good english, and french, and has a good sense of humour. When we do speak german he speaks very slowly for me but by and large he will practise his english and if you don't know german he definitely will.

On top of that he knows I am a minijobblerin and has always been really good with my costs (for example I had a metal crown fitted as it was right at the back anyway and i only had to pay 350 euros altogether).

The dental nurses and receptionists are also very friendly. Phone number is 0911 222364

Surgery/phone available -

mon tues 8-12 / 2-6pm

thurs 8-12 / 3-7pm

wed and fri 8-12 / afternoons prearranged only

if i remember correctly i made a first appt and filled in the questionnaire (this might have been in german so either take a dictionary or do it with him or return it later but it was the usual about how regularly you see a dentist/do your gums bleed/ are you interested in cosmetics etc...i was brutally honest on mine and basically said i wanted the

best but cheapest available options (yes i know) as was a minijobber. Also took my insurance card - it is 10 euros practise charge per quarter separate from the doctor's one (for sbk anyway). Had my check up done at same time.

Doctors i don't know of one specifically but that said i have always taken a little collins dictionary and most of the doctors i have seen also spoke english/denglisch and often medical terms were very similar.

Hope this helps!

donk xx

edit: I always hate speaking german on the phone and the receptionists speak german i think but i managed three years ago with 'Guten Tag. Ich möchte einen Termin als neue Patientin bitte.' if you are not good with your times and dates then 'noch mal bitte' or 'könnten Sie das auf englisch bitte' or get a friend to make the initial appointment. Or if shopping in nürnberg altstadt you could nip in (lift 3rd floor) if there at above times...

Thanks for all your help. On further look on this forum I found a place in Erlangen

http://www.dent-oral.de/

Luitpoldstr. 44a

91052 Erlangen

Tel.: 09131/97 00 46 - 97

I was able to speak German to the receptionist to register over the phone. Their opening hours are Mo-Fr 8-18.

Can anyone recommend me a doctor in Erlangen with some understanding of English?

Thank you :)

I have been to the dentist in Luitpoldstrasse. The dentists with whom I have interacted speak good English and are very friendly. I will recommend this praxis to anyone looking for english speaking dentist.

Hi,

I'm also in search of an English speaking doctor in Erlangen or Nuremberg, preferably female. If anyone has found one could you please give me their details.

We have some listed in our expat website here... www.germanyexpat.blogspot.com

Dr Annette Christian as a general practitioner, she's nice with great English and extremely long waiting room times ;) Dr. Jakob as a kids doctor is wonderful. You can find them both on google, I don't have their nums written down I just google as needed.

I am looking for English-speaking Dentist also. I can go to one in Erlangen, Fuerth, or Nuremberg. This is for a crown repair, so it will be somewhat difficult to explain for me unless he/she understands English fairly well. There could be several different options for this. Any recomendations are appreciated.